This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish there was an "evolution guru" in these games

#1Shigmiya64Posted 12/26/2013 6:07:16 PM
I'm a big proponent of not using any sort of guide on your first playthrough of a video game, so I'm not a big fan of how Pokémon has so many "Guide Dang It" evolution methods. I know we have Serebii and Bulbapedia and whatnot for this, but on the first playthrough it feels like cheating and I wish there was an NPC who you could show Pokémon to and he'd give you hints on how to make it evolve. Stuff like "just keep training it!" for level up mons, and other hints for the various evolution methods.
---
"Remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you."
My 3DS Friend Code: 0705 - 3328 - 1003
#2Xenesis XenonPosted 12/26/2013 6:08:21 PM
Yeah.

Especially with stuff like Inkay, anything with a Location or Trade&Item Evolution.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#3EmperorZangoosePosted 12/26/2013 6:08:28 PM
What I want to know is how did anyone figure out how to evolve Inkay, since nobody has hacked the game except one guy, and it was well known before that.
#4AuraWielderPosted 12/26/2013 6:09:31 PM
Yeah, I wish that they had carried over that feature from Black and White 2. In those, you can call Professor Juniper, and she'll tell you how to evolve a certain Pokemon in your party.
---
I'm a Christian, and proud of it.
3DS FC: 2363 - 6821 - 1127
#5darkshadowspawnPosted 12/26/2013 6:15:26 PM
EmperorZangoose posted...
What I want to know is how did anyone figure out how to evolve Inkay, since nobody has hacked the game except one guy, and it was well known before that.

There were a few things that pointed towards or hinted at Inkay's method:

1. It's the 'revolving Pokemon'.
2. Malamar is definitely flipped over.
3. It flips while making a move in battle.
4. It's the only Pokemon to learn Topsy-Turvy.

What I can't figure is how they figured out which level it happened.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#6kirbydude385Posted 12/26/2013 6:16:47 PM
Inkay's evolution method was leaked in pre-release info, along with Pancham's.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous