This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the rationale for releasing the Bank so early after Christmas?

#1cnking2Posted 12/26/2013 7:45:52 PM
Did the seriously not anticipate an large influx of players? Is there some reason why they would want to do it this way??
#2ThatKippPosted 12/26/2013 7:47:25 PM
I have no idea, it boggles my mind that they thought it was a good idea to release it on Christmas. They know from past experience that 12/25 is the day that they get the most traffic every year, so why would they release such a big online service on the same day?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#3Tempestuous_SeaPosted 12/26/2013 7:48:56 PM
Maybe it was coincidentally around the time when the Pokemon Bank and transfer service would be finished testing and be ready for release, and they wanted to get the trial period over with and have the cash flows from the annual subscriptions sooner.
---
0275-8182-1722 | Pansage, Swadloon, Quilladin
I still need you, but I don't want you now
#4cnking2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 7:51:02 PM
Tempestuous_Sea posted...
Maybe it was coincidentally around the time when the Pokemon Bank and transfer service would be finished testing and be ready for release, and they wanted to get the trial period over with and have the cash flows from the annual subscriptions sooner.

Possibly, I find it hard to believe that it HAPPENED to be ready two days after xmas when they've apparently been working on the game for more than 3.5 years :/
#5Anthoba32Posted 12/26/2013 7:51:44 PM
This is an awful Market Strategy, never a good idea at all.

Any good company with half the brains should understand releasing an online service to a popular franchise on the holidays is NEVER a good idea...
---
3DS FC: 4768-7468-5394 (6IV dittos fer everyone!!!)
Just PM me and I will add you.
#6360pagesPosted 12/26/2013 7:53:47 PM
The thing is, it doesn't make sense since there is a free month period, by the time it's over people will be off of the holiday high/

It would have made more sense if released it in novemeber so the free trial period would be up and people would be able to spend their Christmas money on renewing it.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
3DS friend code 1161-0910-0692
#7Tempestuous_SeaPosted 12/26/2013 7:54:36 PM
cnking2 posted...
Tempestuous_Sea posted...

Possibly, I find it hard to believe that it HAPPENED to be ready two days after xmas when they've apparently been working on the game for more than 3.5 years :/

They were thinking about transferring just a few months before the release, so it's very possible they decided to go with the Pokemon Bank after the bulk of the X/Y development was done.
---
0275-8182-1722 | Pansage, Swadloon, Quilladin
I still need you, but I don't want you now
#8cnking2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 7:56:20 PM
360pages posted...
The thing is, it doesn't make sense since there is a free month period, by the time it's over people will be off of the holiday high/

It would have made more sense if released it in novemeber so the free trial period would be up and people would be able to spend their Christmas money on renewing it.

Excactly...not that they could spend their money with these servers tho lmao
#9Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 12/26/2013 7:57:54 PM
Maybe they wanted to schedule it with the end of Battle Spot Season 1.
---
No amount of rallying would let me beat raytan7585.
Congrats to raytan7585 for winning the CB9 Guru Contest!