This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got the game, first Pokemon since Silver. What should I know going in?

#1Tuggboat1121Posted 12/26/2013 8:33:10 PM
Topic.
---
New England Patriots: 11-4
Red Sox: World Series Champions!!
#2kirbydude385Posted 12/26/2013 8:35:49 PM
Fairy type is new.

Offensive: Strong against Dragon, Fighting, and Dark. Weak against Fire, Poison, and Steel
Defensive: Strong against Fighting, Dark, and Bug. Weak to Poison and Steel. Immune to Dragon.

Each Pokemon now has an ability to help it in battle (sometimes out of battle too). These are either passive effects or can be activated by something.

If a move is considered physical or special is not based solely on type anymore. There are now Physical Fire moves, Special Fighting moves, etc. There's a symbol on the move's info screen that tells you if the move is Physical, Special, or Support.
---
Official Manectric and Creator of the B/W, BW2, and XY Boards Clan
Official Dawn of the BW2 Boards
Khaini: ImSooBipolar - 14x Luminous
#3jasonjskPosted 12/26/2013 9:29:42 PM
TM moves are also reusable (thank goodness), there's also Natures too -- they also have a big influence on stats. On the status screen the brown stat is the one that's raised, and the red stat is the one that's lowered. Some natures don't raise/lower anything too.
---
1950-8977-8867 is my FC. I have Teddiursa, Ditto and Loudred for my Safari. bored bc pokebank got delayed.. so anyone add me! (pm me for an add)
#4jasonjskPosted 12/26/2013 9:30:34 PM
And.. when you catch pokemon you also gain EXP points, which was introduced this gen.
---
1950-8977-8867 is my FC. I have Teddiursa, Ditto and Loudred for my Safari. bored bc pokebank got delayed.. so anyone add me! (pm me for an add)
#5ThatKippPosted 12/26/2013 9:32:04 PM
The game is friendly to older players. They've brought back some old sound effects and areas from the original Red & Blue. You'll recognize the first forest of the game as a carbon copy of Viridian Forest.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725