This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Other Pokemon I would have given the Fairy typing to

#21missymusic123Posted 12/27/2013 3:31:15 PM
reaverz posted...
My only real beef is that Bellossom didn't become part-Fairy, since that would have solved the oddity of it being the only Pokemon that went from two types to one after evolving.

this
---
Pokemon X FC: 1993-6981-9864
dragon friend safari ign: melissa
#22Ephraim225Posted 12/27/2013 3:31:27 PM
Dunsparce? What? I know it's a Youkai but...

I dunno about Mismagius either, it'd be a little strange but Ghost/Fairy is good for variety. I think I'd also include Frosslass if Snorunt and Glalie are included, but that's just me.

Alomomomomomomomomomo- er, ALOMOMOLA I don't really see why that one should be Fairy-type.

I agree with the rest, though.
---
Delphox shall rise, and Greninja shall be her slave!!!
#23Elec Man EXEPosted 12/27/2013 3:36:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24TheSnubbz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 3:40:03 PM
Elec Man EXE posted...
I agree with Misdreavus, Milotic, Snorunt, the 3 lake pixies, Manaphy, and Petilil (they should have made Petilil fairy instead of Cottonee, IMO, Liligant needed the boost more than Whimsicott).

The rest I don't really see. Especially not Chansey, would be broken as heck.

:O You don't think that Volbeat and Illumise look like little bug fairy people? Guess I'm the only one who thinks they have "that" look lol

Blissey Family, Audino, Alomomola - The reason I really wanted them to be fairies is because of their healing/protective powers, something of which fairies are really known for in stories. Also Spritzee (who is a Fairy type) has the ability Healer something shared with Chansey, Blissey, Bellossom, Audino and Alomomola (and only these Pokémon oddly enough) which are all Pokémon I really wanted to see get the Fairy typing

Plusle and Minun - If the two chubby fuzzballs Marill and Dedenne can be fairies XD, so can the cheerleading bunnies Plusle and Minun (I also really love them so it would've been perfect) :)
#25Elec Man EXEPosted 12/27/2013 3:51:42 PM
TheSnubbz posted...
Elec Man EXE posted...
I agree with Misdreavus, Milotic, Snorunt, the 3 lake pixies, Manaphy, and Petilil (they should have made Petilil fairy instead of Cottonee, IMO, Liligant needed the boost more than Whimsicott).

The rest I don't really see. Especially not Chansey, would be broken as heck.

:O You don't think that Volbeat and Illumise look like little bug fairy people? Guess I'm the only one who thinks they have "that" look lol

Blissey Family, Audino, Alomomola - The reason I really wanted them to be fairies is because of their healing/protective powers, something of which fairies are really known for in stories. Also Spritzee (who is a Fairy type) has the ability Healer something shared with Chansey, Blissey, Bellossom, Audino and Alomomola (and only these Pokémon oddly enough) which are all Pokémon I really wanted to see get the Fairy typing

Plusle and Minun - If the two chubby fuzzballs Marill and Dedenne can be fairies XD, so can the cheerleading bunnies Plusle and Minun (I also really love them so it would've been perfect) :)

I guess maybe I could see Volbeat and Illumise based on that. And between Moonlight becoming a Fairy attack and Moon Blast, there's a night connection too. Alrighty, I'm convinced of that one now.

Chansey line fits with Fairy, it would just be too good, and I suspect even GF realized that, and that's why they didn't become part Fairy.

I actually missed Audino in the post. I agree with that one as well.

I guess you could look at it that way in regards to Plusle and Minun, but personally I'm not big on that logic. "Other pokemon that didn't make too much sense did it, so why not them too?"
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
3DS FC: 3239-2743-8918 Pokemon Y Safari: Fraxure, Sliggoo, Dragonair
#26FryDays5000Posted 12/27/2013 3:55:30 PM
TheSnubbz posted...
and is Dedenne a creature of fae?

Could be. There is a bunch stories of japanese dormouses in folkore so...

TheSnubbz posted...

I wouldn't call them fairies. More like "anthro" versions of their real live counterparts(which are not fae creatures)
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC: 0645-6947-9076 Steel Safari:Ferroseed,Fortress, and Klefki
#27BeenaboPosted 12/27/2013 4:07:33 PM
I see certain Pokemon come up on lists like this all the time and I still can't understand why.

We all know what a dairy looks like right? Here's a stereotypical one for reference:

http://www.fancyfairy.com/masterimages/splash2/images/FancyFairyNewsplashpg_05.jpg

Can someone explain how Misdreavus looks like that? Or Milotic?

I think the definition of "fairy" has been greatly exaggerated to the point where it is essentially an AwwwLookAtTheCutePokemon!-Type.
---
Friend code 4210 4049 3373
Friend Safari Pokemon - Krabby, Gyarados and Azumarill Gameboy is my in game name.
#28teumessianfox89Posted 12/27/2013 8:53:57 PM
How has no one mentioned Celebi? I'd love it if they reclassified it as Grass/Fairy instead of Grass/Psychic. I mean, it's based on a wood nymph!
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3568 1909 5542
Pokemon White 2 FC: 4943 6862 7995
#29Paper_OkamiPosted 12/29/2013 1:44:03 PM
The lake trio shouldn't be fairy. They are based on aspects of the human psyche.

Chasey line makes no sense eithe they are just fat blobs.
#30CharizardFirePosted 12/29/2013 2:36:49 PM
We all know what a dairy looks like right? Here's a stereotypical one for reference:

http://www.fancyfairy.com/masterimages/splash2/images/FancyFairyNewsplashpg_05.jpg

Apparently, you don't know what a dairy is...
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
Brian | FC: 0860-3353-5697 | Ice: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong | TSV: 3630