This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Couple Questions on the Masuda method

#1nmnm100Posted 12/27/2013 7:55:37 PM
Will this method work if my Ditto (spa) is foreign and the other pokemon is not? I know that two foreign pokemon won't work, but does it matter in this case which one is Or will the foreign Ditto and any other native pokemon work?

AND what is the chance of it being shiny using the masuda method? I know its not 1/8128 (or what ever the normal chances are)

I'm trying to breed a shiny charmander, ralts and eevee, I have a Japanese and local one of each of those as well if my ditto won't do the trick.

I've already hatched about 30 charmander eggs and was wondering if I'm wasting my time
---
Currently Playing: Mario Picross, Sonic the Hedgehog 3D
#2nmnm100(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 8:02:10 PM
Sad panda.... =[

Google search turned up very non-helpful answers
---
Currently Playing: Mario Picross, Sonic the Hedgehog 3D
#3rnawilePosted 12/29/2013 7:45:27 PM
Hi there! Just found your question and made an account just to answer(: I was watching a video earlier (sadly don't remember the name) and it gave me the answers to those same questions! Anyways, answers. It will not matter which pokemon is foreign, and it increases the chance to 1 in 818. And supposedly the chance of finding shinies in x and y is higher than previous gens! Just thought you'd like to know. Hope i helped xx
#4shinysphealPosted 12/29/2013 7:56:55 PM
All pokemon will do the trick, as long as the two of them are from different region (this means, different from one another) and keep trying, in my expirience it takes like 100 eggs before you hatch one, but that is if you are extremely lucky, the most I've spent were like 400 eggs, 30 eggs are just too few to spawn a shiny, anyway, good luck n_n.
---
3DS FC 3711-7972-2938