This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Vocal proponents and opponents of hacking are both the same

#21XavuuPosted 12/27/2013 8:53:26 PM
There is a disadvantage. A breeder has to breed the thing just to test it. A hacker can just try whatever all willy-nilly until they find what works.
---
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.
#22Alex_HaydenPosted 12/27/2013 8:59:02 PM
wolfwing posted...
The problem with hackersis in online it puts majority of legit players at dissdvantage

Hard to play for fun when every kid that hacks csn steamroll run into it with black and such

Certainly. I have 1 box full of level 50+, ev trained, decent iv pokemon. Kind of bored with breeding/le wow grinding, so unless I hack I'm basically stuck with the pokemon I have.

A hacker can get the majority of available pokemon battle ready instantly. With that said, I'd rather face hackers than ill-prepared teams. I want challenging battles, not +1's to an irrelevant win total.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code- 4398 9465 8673
Pokemon X: Brett Animal Crossing NL- Town name: Moralton
#23Rook_the_RangerPosted 12/27/2013 9:09:01 PM(edited)
Inferno05 posted...
Only the troll hackers and delusional anti-hackers think any side has an advantage. The core of the hacker's argument is that anti-hackers should just leave us alone and play the game their own way.

That's why any hackers should just shut up (although I'm sure most do). I've lost a few rated battles on battle spot to people that hatched way less eggs than me and I really don't care about it.

The game is about skill, not whoever hatched the most eggs and without hacking, which is what the game is about for some.
---
3DS FC: 3539-9001-1157 Pokemon name: Luxoway
#24Soul_of_YveltalPosted 12/27/2013 9:08:51 PM
Rook_the_Ranger posted...
Inferno05 posted...
Only the troll hackers and delusional anti-hackers think any side has an advantage. The core of the hacker's argument is that anti-hackers should just leave us alone and play the game their own way.

That's why any hackers should just shut up (although I'm sure most do). I've lost a few rated battles on battle spot to people that hatched way less eggs than me and I really don't care about it.

The game is about skill, not whoever hatched the most eggs and without hacking, that's what the game is about for some.

Same goes for anti-hackers though.
---
I am the true Yveltal. 3ds FC 3050 - 8932 - 9256
#25BlackBloodDragoPosted 12/27/2013 9:20:00 PM
Bowsaa posted...
BlackBloodDrago posted...
I do believe hackers are worse though. They cross so many lines they shouldn't. Hackers need to understand that their freedom ends where someone else begins. They don't care about that though and act like they aren't doing anything harmful as long as the hacks are "legit".

Please, do tell. What harm is being done?

The trading community is the best example. Shiny value destroyed any value in shiny pokemon. Nobody better even bring the "lol bits of data don't have value" argumeent because if any of you haven't realised by now things have value only because we chose to believe it has value. Value is imaginary but real because we chose to believe its real. This goes for anything and everything known, from bits of data to food and even money. If you chose to believe bits of data can't hold value then everything you own has the exact same amount of value as those bits of data, none.

Next would be the fact that hackers cross boundries they shouldn't. They should respect those boundries if they want to be respected. Some people hoawever are fine with hackers crossing those boundries as long as they don't go to far. In this case, many people are okay with them as long as they don't go making impossible pokemon. However this doesn't apply to everyone. Some people aren't fine with hackers having crossed the line in the first place. This means hackers should at least respect their wishes and not bring hacked pokemon online even if they have legal stats and movesets. As long as people are fine with those legal hacked pokemon then you can use them freely with the people who are okay with it. but if they aren't then you shouldn't be using them with people who are against them. To put its simply, your freedom ends where someone elses begins. Respect that, its not so hard.
---
DarkGun 3DS FC:3480-3950-4456 PS Vita PSN: DarkGun--
''If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?''-Will Rogers
#26perfectchaos83Posted 12/27/2013 9:22:06 PM
The only time hackers even talk about hacking is because of Anti-hackers preaching their moral code.

It's very rare to see a hacker do the same. Most hacking topics typically come in the form of information such as the Gen 5 Kalos Native hack.
---
Mia FTW!!!
The Dude abides.
#27PokeMin111Posted 12/27/2013 9:28:33 PM
its not that I have trouble against pokegenners, in battle. Yes the difference is negligible I just don't really feel like putting effort to compete in something when I don't really feel like I'm on an equal playing ground, or investing time into a game with primary and put-forward multiplier features when those features are usually,
"hack or lose, clone or don't trade, good luck getting anything desirable unless you do something shady and either blatantly against the rules or mildly against the rules, or a grey area."

it defeats the purpose for me when people use the whole "Why put in the effort when you don't have to?" then comes the "well then why even buy the game?" you've spent how ever extra money buying tools (something to transfer pokes into your game, Action replay, possibly a gen 5 game for hack accessibility) so that you can hack the game, just to avoid playing it. I really don't get it.

I play a lot of MMORPG's and getting the grind out of the way is a sin there, why not here? and why do hackers think its their job to fix the game because they don't like it? Why don't they play something else if they need to hack?
---
3DS/PKMN X friend code: 4871 4409 5604 TSV: Cheat more noob
feel free to inbox me for friend safari exchange
#28zelionx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 9:47:25 PM
Xavuu posted...
There is a disadvantage. A breeder has to breed the thing just to test it. A hacker can just try whatever all willy-nilly until they find what works.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/
---
FC -- 5412-9925-4803
IGN -- Justin
#29AnnaTheMerchantPosted 12/27/2013 9:53:54 PM
I don't see Pokemon as srs bzns, I see it as a fun game, so I don't really care about this stupid and dumb anti-hackers VS hackers war.

Gamefreak have prevented stupid crap like Wondertombs from being used online and that's decent enough for me.
---
$$$!