This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the point of the move "Flatter"?

#1keflynPosted 12/28/2013 3:21:43 AM
Topic
---
Beep-Beep-Bob-Bob-Tilly-Nilly-Wha-Wha-Icky-wicky wha-wha-Meep Meep-Larp-Lep-Sina-minga-Boom
Friends code = 5129-1304-8752
#2TakaoldariaPosted 12/28/2013 3:23:12 AM
I dunno.
I feel like it could be used in Doubles with a Special Attacker and a well-placed Persim Berry or Own Tempo..

Nah.
That'll never work.
---
|http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png | Gen V RNG Abuser | 3DS FC : 0103-9288-7308|
|Friend Safari : Stunfisk, Dedenne, Luxio | Team Croissant Admin
#3zhellybellyPosted 12/28/2013 3:23:13 AM
Same as Swagger but Special Attack instead of Attack.
---
3DS FC: 2234-8581-6958 (Growlithe, Charmeleon, Braixen)
- If a tree falls in the woods, and no one hears it, does a hipster buy its album?
#4FroakieblokePosted 12/28/2013 3:25:00 AM
zhellybelly posted...

But the point of Swagger is that they use the attack stat when damaging themself, and special attack has no relation to confusion whatsoever.
#5tarzanmxPosted 12/28/2013 3:26:23 AM
Froakiebloke posted...
zhellybelly posted...

But the point of Swagger is that they use the attack stat when damaging themself, and special attack has no relation to confusion whatsoever.

You can use it on a Physical Attacker and not risk it killing you if it manages to hit, for one.
The only other use that comes to mind is using Psych Up to get a free +2 if you're in Doubles or something, but that's too situational.
---
Not changing this sig until I have at least one Shiny version of each Eeveelution.
3/9 done.
#6sonic2307Posted 12/28/2013 3:26:54 AM
No point. That's why you never see Flatter used anywhere.
---
I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog.
3DS FC: 0962-9436-8898 Name: Shadow the Hedgehog Friend Safari: Kecleon, Aipom and Chansey
#7Gameandwatch2Posted 12/28/2013 3:27:46 AM
Doesn't Flatter only raise special attack by one stage?

In any case, it also has the very situational use of providing a free stat boost to the odd few Pokemon with Own Tempo.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Flying Safari: Swanna, Spearow, Doduo)
#8FroakieblokePosted 12/28/2013 3:28:19 AM
tarzanmx posted...
Froakiebloke posted...
zhellybelly posted...

You can use it on a Physical Attacker and not risk it killing you if it manages to hit, for one.
The only other use that comes to mind is using Psych Up to get a free +2 if you're in Doubles or something, but that's too situational.

For the first use confuse ray would be better in case it turns out that your opponent is an idiot and has a special move.
#9tarzanmxPosted 12/28/2013 3:29:14 AM
Froakiebloke posted...
tarzanmx posted...
Froakiebloke posted...
zhellybelly posted...

For the first use confuse ray would be better in case it turns out that your opponent is an idiot and has a special move.

Yup. That's why I called it situational, at best.
It's just outclassed by the other confusion moves.
---
Not changing this sig until I have at least one Shiny version of each Eeveelution.
3/9 done.
#10AjenlaPosted 12/28/2013 3:30:35 AM
Flatter could be a bit better than Swagger when you're using something extra frail that couldn't handle the boosted hits that Swagger grants.

But you probably won't be using anything like that anyways.
---
IGN:Abalisk 3DS FC- 1161-0243-5798 Gee Crap, I'm addicted to Zygarde.
Water Safari: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier