This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we agree that this game is OVERRATED?

#1SweedishFeeshPosted 12/28/2013 4:29:34 AM
of course its my opinion. but here we go
inb4 why play a pokemon game for a story
inb4 but the online is great
inb4inb4

> The story is the worst I've played in the series.
> There's realtively not much new pokemon wise. it felt rehashed.
> This felt like a stepdown from Black/White series.
>The series had been steadily pumping out solid titles and remakes, even the HG/SS remakes were fantastic - this was a massive step down.

I'm sure the online and whatever blah blah is fantastic, but can't make it there if the characters are horrible. If you have to battle 3 rivals consecutively, then they aren't rivals. They're potatoes.

I know I shouldn't expect story in a pokemon game. I don't.
But the others rewarded you with atleast
1. a rival
2. competent dialogue
3.challenges
#2Safari_DudePosted 12/28/2013 4:32:14 AM
No.
#3MegaDuranPosted 12/28/2013 4:33:21 AM
how were the people in b/w rivals? they were friends. and one was constantly whining about being useless. just like the girl in this one.

competent dialog? where?? we're team plasma and everyone should free their pokemon.
- oh no D:
- k sounds not that wrong!

honestly?

and challenge? there was a single challenging moment in b/w and that was the double battle against n and his dad. and only because those were the only people in the whole game who used a somewhat mixed team
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271 IGN: Benny
LF: EU 3DS Club Nintendo Star Code, FT: HIB 2 and 3 Steam Keys
#4archie44Posted 12/28/2013 4:34:41 AM
Challenge is never a factor in pokemon. Use items, use SE hits, and you win. If anything, horde battles made things more challenging in this game.
---
Black FC: 4857 2140 8513 | White 2 FC: 1679 1611 7522
Dream World Collection: http://tiny.cc/3ubwjw - Always looking for more!
#5Frostheat_22Posted 12/28/2013 4:35:25 AM
It does some stuff better than past generations, but it's underwhelming overall.

I did enjoy it more than gen V, however.
---
PSN: Frostheat_22------------------3DS FC: 3566 1658 5247
"You would probably do better in pvp if you didn't take advice from your mom." - WATAUGACJ
#6DoobieScoobyPosted 12/28/2013 4:37:34 AM
You know, I'm gonna have to agree with you. I felt really let down by this game, like I was sold a rushed, incomplete game. A lot of people may disagree with me on this one, but I personally felt at least 100 new pokemon would have been fine, 70 is cutting it a bit short in my book. Anyways here's a flame shield, you'll need it.
---
3DS FC:4081-5667-4824 IGN:BLORP
#7silverfingoldPosted 12/28/2013 4:38:03 AM
I see where you are coming from, and I understand everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but Pokemon has always been lacking in terms of story. Not that many people who play Pokemon play it for the story - a lot of people (like me) fairly enjoy playing and completing the game, although once that's done, it's straight to breeding for good natures, IVs, traits, etc. That's what makes Pokemon fun - all the possibilities. Story is not what makes Pokemon, it's what happens after the story.
#8SweedishFeesh(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 4:40:08 AM
DoobieScooby posted...
You know, I'm gonna have to agree with you. I felt really let down by this game, like I was sold a rushed, incomplete game. A lot of people may disagree with me on this one, but I personally felt at least 100 new pokemon would have been fine, 70 is cutting it a bit short in my book. Anyways here's a flame shield, you'll need it.

Thanks Dad.

I still think the game (X/Y) is very good.

and its just my opinion,I'm sure plenty disagree with me.

Black and White didn't have a very good rival (if you call him that), you're right - I was mostly talking about past gens.
#9Gogito4Posted 12/28/2013 4:44:31 AM
Well, as much as I hate to admit, the Pokémon franchise is reaching the "overrated" threshhold just for the amount of raving fanboys it has created. Note, "overrated" doesn't mean "bad". I think FFVII is a wonderful game, but it is one of the most overrated games of all times. However, inside said franchise, X and Y are clearly the best games without a question, so... the answer is "meh".
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#10JudgmenlPosted 12/28/2013 4:47:04 AM
meh.
That's it. I personally didn't like Generation V.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://i.imgur.com/0Awd55E.png
Opinions presented are not necessarily based on facts or knowledge.