This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So can we agree that this game is OVERRATED?

#61SweedishFeesh(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 6:51:28 PM
heavylobsterguy posted...
They made the multiplayer a lot better, which is really the only thing that matters to me. My biggest complaints are that you still can't battle 6 vs 6 in the Battle Spot and you can't rematch people either.

It's always the f***ing casuals complaining about the main campaign. Who even cares about the main campaign?

http://puu.sh/3ACtD.jpg

casuals he said..
inb4 tc is a huge f******,
but I played a few pokemon tournaments / Iv trained a few teams in past GENs. I dont play them for stories, but this one was noticably inferior compared to the previous. It just seemed like they were getting complacent / decided story doesnt matter as much, and sacrificed it for a hastily made pokemon.
#62hai_my_name_is_Posted 12/29/2013 1:49:56 AM
B/W was terrible, your opinion is terrible.
#63Sebas27Posted 12/29/2013 1:54:15 AM
hai_my_name_is_ posted...
B/W was terrible, my opinion is terrible.

---
"Strike me again, and I shall bury that rod in your spark"-Predaking to Starscream
#64spooky96Posted 12/29/2013 1:58:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#65Taiki1927Posted 12/29/2013 3:50:05 AM
SweedishFeesh posted...
of course its my opinion. but here we go
inb4 why play a pokemon game for a story
inb4 but the online is great
inb4inb4

> The story is the worst I've played in the series.
> There's realtively not much new pokemon wise. it felt rehashed.
> This felt like a stepdown from Black/White series.
>The series had been steadily pumping out solid titles and remakes, even the HG/SS remakes were fantastic - this was a massive step down.

I'm sure the online and whatever blah blah is fantastic, but can't make it there if the characters are horrible. If you have to battle 3 rivals consecutively, then they aren't rivals. They're potatoes.

I know I shouldn't expect story in a pokemon game. I don't.
But the others rewarded you with atleast
1. a rival
2. competent dialogue
3.challenges

omfg isn't it enough that you create like 9/10 of the threads in xenoblade chronicles' board?

I disagree completely and would have appreciated it if you came up with decent reasons why the game would be "overrated".
---
Pokemon X / Y: Eevee Gym Leader
Animal Crossing (Dream Address): 7200-2770-5257
#66ThatKippPosted 12/29/2013 8:34:01 AM
Taiki1927 posted...
SweedishFeesh posted...
of course its my opinion. but here we go
inb4 why play a pokemon game for a story
inb4 but the online is great
inb4inb4

> The story is the worst I've played in the series.
> There's realtively not much new pokemon wise. it felt rehashed.
> This felt like a stepdown from Black/White series.
>The series had been steadily pumping out solid titles and remakes, even the HG/SS remakes were fantastic - this was a massive step down.

I'm sure the online and whatever blah blah is fantastic, but can't make it there if the characters are horrible. If you have to battle 3 rivals consecutively, then they aren't rivals. They're potatoes.

I know I shouldn't expect story in a pokemon game. I don't.
But the others rewarded you with atleast
1. a rival
2. competent dialogue
3.challenges

omfg isn't it enough that you create like 9/10 of the threads in xenoblade chronicles' board?

I disagree completely and would have appreciated it if you came up with decent reasons why the game would be "overrated".

Please explain why every reason he stated isn't a "decent reason".
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#67Merc123Posted 12/29/2013 9:19:09 AM
I don't think its overrated and i really liked Gen VI just for the getting rid of sprites and having fully animated models, the game just looks great and a huge step up from previous gens.

The story wasn't as good as Gen V. Personally i thought those games had the best story, but its not like the other Gens had really good stories. I don't expect a good story out of Pokemon. I just expect 8 Gym Leaders, and Elite 4 and an Evil Team to fight along the way. Give me that and i am good.

I do wish there were some more Pokemon though, i wasn't really that impressed with the new ones.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim