This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when Fennekin was the most popular gen 6 starter?

#61EmperorZangoosePosted 12/28/2013 10:57:46 AM
Paper_Okami posted...
Her typing is godawful defensively.

Weak to:

Rock
Ground
Dark
Water
Ghost

All very common attacking types.

It's very frail etc. Easily the worst of the starters. Chesnaught is middle of the line and Greninja is great.

Chespin is easily the worst. Chesnaught is a so called "bulky" Pokemon, yet has a double weakness to Flying, and in online matches (AKA Talonflameville) you can't do be having that. Spiky Shield isn't all that, especially compared to King's Shield. What makes it even more useless is that if you try to use Spiky Shield on Talonflame, and they predict it, they can use that turn to set up Swords Dance or something and then kill it next turn. Other than Talonflame, Chesnaught has weaknesses to STAB moves from Blaziken, Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Gardevoir, Dragonite, Salamence, and Charizard, all of which are common online, and all of which are faster than Chesnaught (except maybe Dragonite, but Dragonite resists both of Chesnaught's STAB moves anyway). Besides Chesnaught's design looks hideous anyway, at least Delphox's is acceptable.
#62KamariaKPosted 12/28/2013 11:31:55 AM
People hate Fennekin?
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-1432-0216.
#63Merc123Posted 12/28/2013 12:10:07 PM
I liked Fennekin but i always liked Froakie the best ever since the reveal. second stages i wasn't really crazy about any of them. Third stages i really disliked the design for Delphox, loved Greninja's design and really like Chestnaught (love the name too)

I stuck with Froakie and used him alot as Greninja in the main game.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#64ThatKippPosted 12/28/2013 12:11:25 PM
I liked Froakie before it was cool
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#65NinoTheSagePosted 12/28/2013 12:14:31 PM
Protean doesn't come on any of the starters (it's a HA so you have to friend safari/trade, which you can do regardless of which starter you choose), so a lot of Froakie's surge in popularity comes from the third evo stage designs.

Because it's a ninja. And people (including me) are suckers for that kind of stuff.
#66Paper_OkamiPosted 12/28/2013 12:38:17 PM
EmperorZangoose posted...
Paper_Okami posted...

Weak to:

Rock
Ground
Dark
Water
Ghost

It's very frail etc. Easily the worst of the starters. Chesnaught is middle of the line and Greninja is great.

Chespin is easily the worst. Chesnaught is a so called "bulky" Pokemon, yet has a double weakness to Flying, and in online matches (AKA Talonflameville) you can't do be having that. Spiky Shield isn't all that, especially compared to King's Shield. What makes it even more useless is that if you try to use Spiky Shield on Talonflame, and they predict it, they can use that turn to set up Swords Dance or something and then kill it next turn. Other than Talonflame, Chesnaught has weaknesses to STAB moves from Blaziken, Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Gardevoir, Dragonite, Salamence, and Charizard, all of which are common online, and all of which are faster than Chesnaught (except maybe Dragonite, but Dragonite resists both of Chesnaught's STAB moves anyway). Besides Chesnaught's design looks hideous anyway, at least Delphox's is acceptable.

Hence why I said Chesnaught is middle of the road, not OU potential.

And Delphox's design is considerably worse than Chesnaught's.

Being 4x weak to something does NOT stop a pokemon from being bulky... that is just one weakness...
#67IwantsandshrewPosted 12/28/2013 12:40:44 PM
Nearly chose Fennekin, but I realized a trend in my starter picks, then chose Chespin.
---
RESPECT THE DOGE
This is Thepenguinking2. I will not use my other account until I hatch a shiny Sandshrew, in which I will close this account.
#68HandshakeGuyPosted 12/28/2013 12:53:50 PM
Paper_Okami posted...
EmperorZangoose posted...
Paper_Okami posted...

Weak to:

Rock
Ground
Dark
Water
Ghost

Hence why I said Chesnaught is middle of the road, not OU potential.

And Delphox's design is considerably worse than Chesnaught's.

Being 4x weak to something does NOT stop a pokemon from being bulky... that is just one weakness...

Plus I doubt GF consciously knew Talonflame would be so popular. Also, who stays in for more than one turn with a Chesnaught against a Talonflame unless you're seriously banking on that Spiky Shield, or maybe a predicted Leech Seed? But yeah, agreed, Heatran has a x4 to the common Earthquake and that doesn't stop him from doing his job.

Back to Delphox though, the issue is definitely in the move-to-stat synergy and the wonky ability. Delphox can't cover his weaknesses enough to make him stand out, doesn't have enough coverage moves to make that SpAtk shine, and doesn't have the bulk to put his support moves to work. Although a Focus Sash-Overheat would make him a pretty big threat if you kept his Blaze ability. Magician is just largely useless, or at least extremely niche.
---
" The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go."
-Sanae Hanekoma
#69westontickleePosted 12/28/2013 12:55:34 PM
Hoozah123 posted...
I'm still a Delphox fan. Still hate you Chespin.

---
Queen Jiggs, Princess Flabebe and Lord Nyaoni and Lady Meowstic are gonna destroy!
JiggsNation Territories: Pokemon X, FFXV, LR: FFXIII, P4G and P5 Boards