This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would this Sylveon move set work?

#1Chenmaster2Posted 12/28/2013 9:51:54 AM
Sylveon is actually the last 6th gen pokemon I need for the pokedex however without the poke bank I can't transfer my HA eevee with hyper voice yet so how about this move set?

Sylveon

Nature: Bold

Ability: Cute Charm

Item: Leftovers

EVs: 252HP/252Def/6Speed

Moveset
------------
-Draining Kiss
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass

This is just probably something I can whip up quickly because I already have 5IV male eevee I can breed with along with a 4IV female eevee.
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
ACNL Dream Address: 4800-2736-0484
#2shadowreaper7Posted 12/28/2013 10:02:31 AM
Just wait unless you fancy wasting your time to create a sub par pokemon.

~ No offence ~

Its just you've got a HA Hyper Voice Eevee waiting. So just wait.

You can breed other pokemon to become competitive far more easily as realistically. Pixilate is Sylveon's saving grace due to good bulk, access to wish and sub par speed. Hyper voice can just start shredding people behind subs.

While the other sylveon is by no means "bad" its going to get outclassed even more easily than a HA HV Sylveon.
---
Black 2 FC: 1077 - 9701 - 9188
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#3Chenmaster2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 10:04:53 AM
Yeah true.

I think its main competition is not Florges like everyone is saying but Togekiss honestly.
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
ACNL Dream Address: 4800-2736-0484
#4shadowreaper7Posted 12/28/2013 10:17:23 AM
Chenmaster2 posted...
Yeah true.

I think its main competition is not Florges like everyone is saying but Togekiss honestly.

Togekiss is one of the best pokemon this generation (as soon as everyone starts experimenting beyond their own doorstep).

Being able to run:
Paraflinch (Airslash + Twave + coverage and/or healing)
Special Tank (3 attacks + roost)
Special Sweeper (4 attacks/3 + 1 status)
Cleric (Wish + Heal Bell + Twave/Toxic + attack)

All to great effect.
Do not get me started on how great this thing can be in doubles/triples when it gets some fake out and wide guard support.

Sylveon however, really only has 2 viable sets.
Calm Mind Wish Passing. Or Hyper Voice + 2 attacks + Wish.
I personally will go for -
HV, Psyshock (Poison types only + hitting on defensive side to deal with special walls), Shadow ball (because yay neutral on Steel types and brilliant neutral coverage with fairy), Wish

And use it on my trick room teams due to the base 60 speed.

Trick room is sylveons domain. The other fairies cannot compete in trickroom, they're just too fast. With sylveon having just low enough speed to fair well.
---
Black 2 FC: 1077 - 9701 - 9188
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#5uberownage666Posted 12/28/2013 10:21:53 AM
question to anyone why would you use hypervoice(w/ pixilate) over moonblast which has more power?
#6Godly_GoofPosted 12/28/2013 10:23:50 AM
I'm intending on using Pixelate Hyper Voice Sylveon with 0 Speed and Attack IV 252 hp 252 Sp. Atk. and 6 Sp. Def. with a quiet nature in a trick room build.

Early testing has proven it to be disgusting lol.

Definitely using Wish but undecided on whether I should use 2 other attacks or 1 other attack and Calm Mind >.>
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#7Half-GhostPosted 12/28/2013 10:25:23 AM(edited)
uberownage666 posted...
question to anyone why would you use hypervoice(w/ pixilate) over moonblast which has more power?

How does moonblast have more power?

Edit: Did you factor in the 30% boost?
#8Godly_GoofPosted 12/28/2013 10:28:18 AM
uberownage666 posted...

Hyper voice has a power 90 +30% for Pixelate + STAB + substitute penetration and hits whole team.

Moon Blast is 95 + STAB + chance to lower sp. attack.

Shouldn't be to hard to figure out why :P
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.