This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Gen 4 and Gen 2 the best two gens?

#1HHH is the gamePosted 12/28/2013 12:05:57 PM
I say this because those were definitely the gens I played the most.

Gen 4 was just great in my opinion. The first game with a great post-game with the national dex stuff. I dunno what it was about this game but I put like 200 hours into it and just really loved it. It really felt bigger than the other gens. This is the most memorable gen to me.

Gen 2 to me was my second most hours in a Pokemon game, probably because of the awesome 16 badges and large pokedex which was very cool (And I honestly wish more gens would do something like this.) Re-exploring Kanto was great, the Johto thing was cool at the time, and this to me seemed to be the game with the most life to it.

I really like when Pokemon games make you feel like you're living in the world, and Johto was the best for me. Only game where night actually looked like night, and finding different Pokemon at night was so cool. I loved how they implemented days of the week - bug catching contests on certain days, and other things once a day or once a week and things like that. My ideal Pokemon game would have Animal Crossing as a framework, honestly. I always felt Animal Crossing was really cool but IMO it feels like they left out the game and just put in the world.

I would love a Pokemon game that has Animal Crossing as a framework, where you have a living town, with people, and things to do on certain days, and Christmas, and holidays and stuff....towns and villages that feel alive, and you could battle Pokemon and catch them...to me Pokemon is such a time-sink that it's best when it feels really immersive - giving you a whole world to live in and explore - and Gen 2 was the one that most captured that to me.
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#2RotomGuy3Posted 12/28/2013 12:07:15 PM
You picked the two gens, which in my opinion, are the worst.

6 > 3 > 5 >>> 1 >>> 4 > 2
---
My 3DS FC
Rotom: 3308-5985-4794
#3Sloth9230Posted 12/28/2013 12:07:57 PM
Sloth9230 posted...

6 > 5 > 3 >>> 1 >>> 2 > 4
#4AddyGorbionPosted 12/28/2013 12:08:24 PM
RotomGuy3 posted...

6 > 3 > 5 >>> 1 >>> 4 > 2

---
3ds FC
2148-9041-9722,TSV:3918
#5HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 12:08:25 PM
Any reasons for this especially in regards to the things I said?
---
Shelton undoubtedly wants Cena's championship belt. And Cena undoubtedly wants Shelton's black heritage.- looseiver
#6MrSaturn1Posted 12/28/2013 12:09:08 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that likes Gen 4.
#7HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 12:09:55 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention the awesome bottom screen on Diamond and Pearl...you had step counters and type checkers (WHY IS THIS GONE?!) and tons of useful and cool things. Now it was replaced with a bottom screen I literally never use, and all those features are gone. I would kill for that type checker back...yeah I could search online but it was so convenient having it in the game.
---
#8LexifoxPosted 12/28/2013 12:09:55 PM
Gen 2 was the worst and Gen 5 is the best, so no.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9HHH is the game(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 12:11:10 PM
Lexifox posted...
Gen 2 was the worst and Gen 5 is the best, so no.

What makes Gen 2 the worst? Everybody just keeps saying things with no reasons. For me Gen 2 was the best for immersion with being the only game to commit to the day/night and day of the week system, which IMO was a step in the very right direction for Pokemon, and they then stepped away from it. It also had 16 badges, and a lot of Pokemon that were still manageable to catch most of them. It was a long game, and good.
---
#10TaiphlosionPosted 12/28/2013 12:12:07 PM
They're IMO, the worst two

still great, but the worst two
---
I'm tired of everyone I know, of everyone I see, on the streets and on TV.