This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

egg moves

#1link55588Posted 12/28/2013 11:40:14 AM
Ok so I was going to get into breeding this gen, and when I back into the game a couple weeks ago, I ACCIDENTALLY wonder traded my destiny knot away so i don't care about that anymoe. That being said I have seen a lot of weird egg move lines (wide guard on honedge) show up, so is it possible we are missing some? LIke for instance, has anyone tried breeding hypnosis on a galvantula? is that even possible? I know golduck can learn it, and golduck and masquerain are both water 1 group in egg groups, but masquerain is also bug, with galvantula. So do you think it possible? sorry if this is a dumb question
---
3ds - 4897 6040 7295
#2darkshadowspawnPosted 12/28/2013 12:01:25 PM
Seeing as I assume they've tried every move on every Pokemon and Galvantula wasn't unobtainable in this game, I'd say it's impossible.

As for the Destiny Knot thing, there's a trainer in the alleyways of Lumiose City that will give you another one after you defeat her...each time. Why you'd need to have a stockpile of them, I don't know, but you can get an infinite amount of them.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#3link55588(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 12:15:09 PM
galvantula is available in this game.... also thanks for that tip, did not know that
---
3ds - 4897 6040 7295
#4darkshadowspawnPosted 12/28/2013 12:24:51 PM
link55588 posted...
galvantula is available in this game.

Note that I said it wasn't unobtainable...double negative means it's available. I've got a Friend Safari that has it there, but I've yet to get around to picking one up.
---
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh
#5link55588(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 12:27:05 PM
haha didnt read that right. I mean i think it might be possible, didnt we only recently discover wide guard on honedge through around a 7 chain breed? i feel like it might be possible, he can learn psychic movies
---
3ds - 4897 6040 7295
#6darkshadowspawnPosted 12/28/2013 12:32:36 PM
link55588 posted...
haha didnt read that right. I mean i think it might be possible, didnt we only recently discover wide guard on honedge through around a 7 chain breed? i feel like it might be possible, he can learn psychic movies

That was probably because there wasn't a start to the chain before the Bank came out (since egg groupings weren't conducive to a start point). With Hypnosis Galv, it's a simple matter of using Yanma to try.

As for learning moves of a certain type, they can be explained away easily:

Agility - Probably shouldn't be Psychic anyway, but spiders can be quick if needed.
Light Screen - Note that it doesn't learn the other screen. It could easily throw up a solid form of electricity to protect itself.
Rest - Everything that can learn TMs can learn Rest.
---
- Myles Keogh
#7link55588(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 1:06:26 PM
ahh that makes sense, i guess its not possible to get a compound eyes pokemon with hypnosis, unless you really want to use Yanama. I feel like Yanmega HAD compound eyes in one of the gens, but not anymore
---
3ds - 4897 6040 7295