This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

White 2 Wondercard RNG

#41RisingPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 3:56:27 PM
Great, thanks! There is no NPCs on the top floor, so that must be BW1 only. Also, no luck so far. :( My timer keeps starting at the 3 oclock position. :(
---
3DS FC: 5327-1139-2937
#42kadabriumPosted 12/28/2013 4:07:40 PM
Noidea.
#43_SiTro_Posted 12/28/2013 4:16:31 PM
Sounds like you're doing everything right so far TC, so good luck in your future attempts! Seriously, at this point just keep trying. :)

And I feel your timer0 pain. I calibrated White 2 on my DSi about 30 times recently. Most common timer0 occurred 4 times, around 15 timer0's total. Much woe.
---
3DS FC: 3840-6516-6461
Friend Safari: Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede
#44PokeMin111Posted 12/28/2013 4:19:49 PM
RisingPhoenix posted...
And PokeMin, take your cheating politics elsewhere. I've collected Pokemon legitimately for YEARS, but as a bit of an obsessive collector, going 30 miles out my way to collect a Wondercard, and then getting a Pokemon with less than perfect IVs/Natures in my collection that I can never collect again just bugs me. I realised I'll be a lot happier with my own collection if I RNG it to be perfect, since I'm pretty much RNGing when it comes to soft-resetting for it - albeit in a primitive and uninformed way.

oh wow okay, that makes it perfectly acceptable to cheat, not like pokemon are suppose to be unique or anything.

you realize how rare perfect event legendaries are suppose to be right? just SR during the event period if you want an actual collection, instead of a fallacy

Because who can't "Catch them all" with blatant cheats?
---
3DS/PKMN X friend code: 4871 4409 5604 TSV: Cheat more noob
feel free to inbox me for friend safari exchange
#45RisingPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 4:23:16 PM
Hehe, thanks. No luck so far, sadly. My timer0 is a total pain. Looking forward to doing this in White, where I heard getting the timer0 is much easier. :)

And to be fair, while it's a pain - it's a lot better than soft resetting for a whole day, hoping that your nature is good, and you have close to 31 speed, and also high attack and sp. attack would be nice...oh and HP/DEF/SP.DEF couldn't hurt...

I like this approach a lot more. Much more efficient while still in the legal limits of the game. :)
---
#46_SiTro_Posted 12/28/2013 4:27:12 PM
PokeMin111 posted...
RisingPhoenix posted...
And PokeMin, take your cheating politics elsewhere. I've collected Pokemon legitimately for YEARS, but as a bit of an obsessive collector, going 30 miles out my way to collect a Wondercard, and then getting a Pokemon with less than perfect IVs/Natures in my collection that I can never collect again just bugs me. I realised I'll be a lot happier with my own collection if I RNG it to be perfect, since I'm pretty much RNGing when it comes to soft-resetting for it - albeit in a primitive and uninformed way.

oh wow okay, that makes it perfectly acceptable to cheat, not like pokemon are suppose to be unique or anything.

you realize how rare perfect event legendaries are suppose to be right? just SR during the event period if you want an actual collection, instead of a fallacy

Because who can't "Catch them all" with blatant cheats?

Emphasis mine.

Seriously?! SR?!

Soft-resetting takes advantage of the RNG mechanisms the game uses just as much as RNG abuse methods. By way of analogy, consider a shooting gallery. The soft-resetter is akin to shooting at the target whilst blindfolded. The RNG'er is sighted. Either can (and will) fire again if they don't shoot close enough to their target.

You can hold whatever views you want regarding the ethics of RNG'ing (and FYI this topic wasn't an invitation for you to air them), but to suggest that soft-resetting a pokemon when it doesn't meet your standards is any more 'legit' than RNG abuse is laughable.
---
#47RisingPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 4:28:08 PM
Haha, your understanding of cheats is what is funny.

1. What harm will this do, as I will NEVER trade these Pokemon (I don't clone) and it's for MY collection.
2. The RNG mechanic is what determines the stats on the Pokemon which has been soft-reset too - except that you are not controlling it. I actually really admire the people who originally reverse engineered the game and built the RNG Reporter, as that takes a lot more skill and understanding of the underlying systems than flicking a button and crossing your fingers. ;)
---
#48RisingPhoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 5:17:25 PM
Thanks to everyone for their help, especially kadabrium and SiTro!

Here is the Genesect in all its glory!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13501152/2013-12-29%2001.09.11.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13501152/2013-12-29%2001.09.32.jpg

Took me around 40 minutes though, that timer0 is a cruel mistress!
---
#49_SiTro_Posted 12/29/2013 11:52:25 AM
Great to see you got there, enjoy the Genesect!

The use of the save menus spinner is interesting to me, did you find it useful? Or did you find you went back to Chatot calls to work out whether you'd hit your seed?

I think there'd be limited application (as wandering NPCs could mess up your position along the RNG), but I can see some use for this when dealing with Dream World and Hidden Grotto pokemon as well as gifts.
---
#50kadabriumPosted 12/29/2013 11:56:40 AM
_SiTro_ posted...
Great to see you got there, enjoy the Genesect!

The use of the save menus spinner is interesting to me, did you find it useful? Or did you find you went back to Chatot calls to work out whether you'd hit your seed?

I think there'd be limited application (as wandering NPCs could mess up your position along the RNG), but I can see some use for this when dealing with Dream World and Hidden Grotto pokemon as well as gifts.

Actually I find this method the most useful when dealing with random NPCs. If your frame isnt too close, you can fairly easily verify your frame at any point in the frame advancing process, cause even random npcs do not move all the time, and finding a time point when they have just stopped after taking a step isnt all that difficult.