This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I personally feel that Gym leaders kind of fail as bosses

#1360pagesPosted 12/28/2013 4:26:17 PM
Not these specific Gym Leaders, but the current form of Gym leaders we have, a boss in a game done well is suppose to test everything you've learned up to that point. Something I feel that only apply to the type aspect of the game.

This would have been a good way to reduce the gap between competitive and casual, and before you say these games are for kids, I'm not asking for them to become the Ninja Gaiden of RPG's, but teach the game mechanics of the game.

Have the first Gym leader test your knowledge of types by having three different types of pokemon on their team.

Have the second Gym leader run a mostly offensive sweeping team.

Have the third use mostly status moves and so on and so forth, there are plenty of aspects of the game that could be used as a Gym leader, enough to cover 8 at least.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
3DS friend code 1161-0910-0692
#2MegaDuranPosted 12/28/2013 4:28:53 PM
because they arent bosses.
---
3DS: 3351-5468-4271 IGN: Benny
LF: EU 3DS Club Nintendo Star Code, FT: HIB 2 and 3 Steam Keys
#3Rydis-ShikoPosted 12/28/2013 4:32:51 PM
MegaDuran posted...
because they arent bosses.

exactly, there are people with too much money who spend more time on the way their gym looks about their favorite hobby then training pokemon
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#4DoktoroktopusPosted 12/28/2013 5:08:32 PM
Bump for truth
#5gofghxgPosted 12/28/2013 5:43:25 PM
So much truth.
---
I'm not saying He's batman, I'm just saying no-ones ever seen Darth Vader and batman in the same room together.
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 12/28/2013 5:44:58 PM
The monotyping generally means that Gym leaders will forever fail at bosses.

The only Pokemon game which actually had 'bosses' that represented a challenge point at all was Pokemon Colosseum and occasionally Pokemon XD.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.