This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which type is Gamefreak the most obsessed with?

#21AysanderPosted 12/28/2013 7:06:29 PM
I'd have to say water.

Don't believe me? Check the TM/Tutor/Breeding/Learn lists of EVERY water type and tell me what you see.

A whole lotta ICE.
---
3DSxl FC: 3411-1479-0080
Not changing this signature until I get my Planeptune Action RPG :/
#22TickleTubPosted 12/28/2013 7:07:48 PM
nomotivation93 posted...
Water. Isn't it still the 2nd most frequent type besides normal?

Water is the most frequent type.
---
FC: 0774-4706-5561
No matter how lost in the woods you are, you can always be found.
#23ThatKippPosted 12/28/2013 7:08:50 PM
Steel steel steel steel steel steel steel. It was the best type before they added Fairy-type. I was hoping they would give it a much-needed nerf with Fairy-type, but no, THEY BUFFED IT.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#24gkathellarPosted 12/28/2013 7:09:43 PM
massifbeef posted...
TableFlip posted...
Fire/Fighting

Fix'd.

+1

Journey to the West is a pretty good book, but they did not need to spend 3 gens of fire starters making a reference to it.
---
3DS FC: 1435-4122-7835
Pokemon Y IGN: Alexandra
#25CyberWhiteTigerPosted 12/29/2013 7:27:45 PM
Well it has always been quite clear which type is their favourite. Water so it should be 1st in any poll done. The evidence is in the number of water types to all other types.

Fire is no way the favourite type, of all the starter types fire is always the one that is kicked to the floor. I think people are a bit confused concerning Blaziken and Charizard because they have been given extra attention and so think fire is the favourite. There is a good reason though due to low amount of fire types giving them mega evolutions is probably GF's way of balancing their favouritism out a little. And because they are popular pokemon anyway.

Dragons are the favourite type for legendary and pseudo-legendary pokemon but not overall. There still aren't many dragons compared to other types.

Steel. Well it is brilliant defensively due to all the resistances... but it isn't like electric type (only one weakness) so...
---
Pokemon X FC: 4484 8823 6418 - add me if you want for friend safari but also PM me so I can add back
Friend Safari - Fighting - Meditite, Pancham & Tyrogue
#26Gogito4Posted 12/29/2013 7:30:22 PM
gkathellar posted...
massifbeef posted...
TableFlip posted...
Fire/Fighting

Fix'd.

+1

Journey to the West is a pretty good book, but they did not need to spend 3 gens of fire starters making a reference to it.

How does Blaziken tie into it? Infernape is obvious, Emboar I kinda get, but Fire-Chicken-Muay Thai-Master?
---
Tales of Xillia... here I come!
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#27taa20Posted 12/30/2013 10:55:21 PM
Overall, Water.

For (pseudo)legends, Dragon.

How did Fire even make the ballot? Anything Stealth Rock weak does not belong on this list unless the obsession is a negative one toward the type.

Not sure where Steel came from, either, especially with the removal of two of its resistances (although it was given a different resist and a SE).

After Water and Dragon, I feel like Fairy was forced down our throats. About the only thing holding back my opinion is the fact that, on the whole, there are not too many really good Fairy-type Pokemon, and many are hampered by low physical defense (which Poison and Steel attacks often are).
#28neonplanetsPosted 12/30/2013 10:57:50 PM
Water is to powerful and with a broken move to back them up.
#29Sloth9230Posted 12/30/2013 10:59:11 PM
Bug, first they buff them, then they nerf them, then buff them, then nerf them...
---
Proud owner of a Ditto Friend Safari!!!! :D
FC: 0189 - 9442 - 1365 IGN: Nero
#30SniperNightOwlPosted 12/30/2013 11:06:15 PM(edited)
Am I the only one who thinks Gamefreak loves Ho-oh?

They gave it a backstory in Crystal, + thunderbolt
Gave it calm mind in R/S/E for sacred fire
Made sacred fire physical in d/p
Gave it brave bird in hg/ss
Gave it regenerator, flame charge in b/w
Made fire resist fairy + defog all over the place in x/y

Now all they need to do is nerf stealth rock's base damage. :P
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
My Pokemon X/Y Battle Spot Matches : www.youtube.com/user/SniperNightOwl