This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How would you feel if the type chart was revamped to look like this?

#1Lucidious89Posted 12/28/2013 6:00:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fK9eWp1.jpg

Green: Super Effective (x2)
Red: Not Very Effective (x0.5)
Black: Immune (x0)

I won't bother to give a lengthy explanation on how each change makes "sense", since discussing how types make sense in Pokemon is always a pretty pointless discussion. But I could make an argument for almost all of them if I wanted. I'm more curious on how it would affect the game from a balance perspective, and whether it would do more harm than good.

Here are a list of all the changes if that's easier to process for you than reading the chart:

Normal
SE against Fairy
Resistant to Fairy
Weak to Dark

Fire
Resistant to Dragon
No longer resists Fairy

Water
Weak to Poison
Resisted by Ice

Grass
Resistant to Rock
Resistant to Fairy

Electric
Resisted by Rock

Ice
Resistant to Water
Resistant to Ground
Resisted by Rock

Fighting
Weak to Poison

Poison
SE against Fighting
SE against Water

Ground
Resisted by Ice

Flying
Nothing

Psychic
Nothing

Bug
Resistant to Ghost
Resistant to Dark
No longer resisted by Fairy
No longer resisted by Ghost
Resisted by Rock

Rock
Resistant to Ice
Resistant to Electric
Resistant to Bug
Resisted by Grass
Resisted by Rock

Ghost
Weak to Fairy
Resisted by Bug
Resisted by Fairy

Dragon
Resisted by Fire

Dark
SE against Normal
Resisted by Bug

Steel
Nothing

Fairy
SE against Ghost
Resists Ghost
Weak to Normal
Resisted by Normal
Resisted by Grass
No longer resists Bug
No longer resisted by Fire
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1177-7400-8683 Safari: Kakuna, Whirlipede, Venomoth
#2ShadowUmbreon42Posted 12/28/2013 6:01:34 PM
None of this make sense lol.

I would hate it to be like this.
---
Being yourself is the greatest thing. Do not let anyone tell you different.
3DS FC: 2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#3PrettyTonyTigerPosted 12/28/2013 6:02:56 PM
This bad..
---
My mother has a twin sister, meaning if I see my mother's sister I wouldn't know if it was my mother or my mother's sister
#4Lucidious89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 6:05:45 PM
Any particular reason why? A particular type becoming overpowered, or underpowered? Or just simply reluctance to change anything because you're used to the current chart?
---
#5ShadowUmbreon42Posted 12/28/2013 6:08:06 PM(edited)
Lucidious89 posted...
Any particular reason why? A particular type becoming overpowered, or underpowered? Or just simply reluctance to change anything because you're used to the current chart?

None of it makes since.

If you hit an ice block hard enough with a rock it's going to crack. Do it more and it breaks, there is no reason that ice should resist rock.
---
Being yourself is the greatest thing. Do not let anyone tell you different.
3DS FC: 2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#6Lucidious89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 6:28:19 PM
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
Lucidious89 posted...

None of it makes since.

If you hit an ice block hard enough with a rock it's going to crack. Do it more and it breaks, there is no reason that ice should resist rock.

Ice doesn't resist Rock, you must've misread. It's the other way around - Rock resists Ice.
---
#7Great_ReapettePosted 12/28/2013 6:29:49 PM
0/10

needs moar Dragon rekkin errythign
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#8CA0001Posted 12/28/2013 6:38:41 PM
I do not agree with anyone who feels that Ice should resist water when scientifically water melts ice.

Entropy tells us that the orderly solid H2O will gain energy from chaotic liquid H2O in the form of heat transfer. It is why glaciers melt at an accelerated pace towards its own melt pool.
---
FC: 2793 1878 2039 (3DS) 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)
#9Lucidious89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 6:51:59 PM
CA0001 posted...
I do not agree with anyone who feels that Ice should resist water when scientifically water melts ice.

Entropy tells us that the orderly solid H2O will gain energy from chaotic liquid H2O in the form of heat transfer. It is why glaciers melt at an accelerated pace towards its own melt pool.

And Water shouldn't technically be weak to electric, because pure water doesn't conduct electricity.

This is exactly why I started off saying that I wont even bother explaining the match-ups, since arguing over types is pointless. You could make any argument you want to make anything "work".

For example, my argument for Ice resisting Water could simply be that Ice types are so cold, that any Water move that hits them instantly freezes, and becomes part of their body. Essentially "patching up" some of the damage the move did in the first place, and shrugging it off. Thus, they resist Water.
---
#10CA0001Posted 12/28/2013 7:02:41 PM
If you put up a proposal not expecting an argument or fighting one, it means your attempt has failed.

Its like saying that you will only accept your proposal as the only right way to do things.

And since your title asks how would I feel, I feel that your type chart is not logical enough for me.
---
FC: 2793 1878 2039 (3DS) 0518 8972 2483 (Black) 0046 9893 2351 (White2)