This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How important are Mega Evolutions?

#11CookieMarvin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 7:16:51 PM
Are there any limits to using Megas in battle yet? I haven't unlocked them in-game yet, so if they're already there, try not to judge me too hard.
---
Esteemed Icing Salesman
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9751-1637
#12DeathParade87Posted 12/28/2013 7:16:56 PM
CookieMarvin posted...
DeathParade87 posted...
Depends on your team. If your team can counter their mega, you are golden. However, everyone or at least 95% of the battlers will have a mega. If you do not have a mega to counter it, or viable members who can withstand the likes of mega blaze chicken, mega spookghost, or the banned yet people still use mega badmom takes her child into battle then you are doomed

I think i should be able to scrape by against Blazekin and Gengar. Any recommendations for a counter for Kangaskhan?

There really IS NO counter for him, thats why he got banned. Me personally, i have taken quite a few down with a mix of paralysis from thunder wave from my ferrothorn, as well as luring him into taking the iron barb+rocky helmet damage, then cleaning up with mega charizard y. Its all on chance and generally MK will take two or so guys down with it
#13CookieMarvin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 7:21:57 PM
Did I lose everyone?
---
Esteemed Icing Salesman
#14Gamesmaster100Posted 12/28/2013 7:24:23 PM
CookieMarvin posted...
Are there any limits to using Megas in battle yet? I haven't unlocked them in-game yet, so if they're already there, try not to judge me too hard.

To my knowledge you can only have one pokemon mega evolve per battle and once it evolves it stays like that for the rest of the battle even after being switched out. Also only one poke is able to mega evolve even if other pokemon have their stone, it's just whoever you decide to use first. This still applies even after the mega poke faints so you can't have another mega evolve afterwards.

Thinking about it, even though it's only relevant in game, if I revive a pokemon I mega evolved does it stay mega evolved? I really can't remember now.
---
3DS Friend Code
1564-2661-5712
#15KeldonisPosted 12/28/2013 7:26:25 PM(edited)
CookieMarvin posted...

You can only Mega Evo one pokemon in battle. You can have multiple mons holding the stones, but once you mega evolve one you won't be able to mega evolve the other in the same battle.

It's a story event, so you can't really miss it. You'll be able to use them when you get to a certain point.

Certain mega stones though won't be available until the post-game, and you also have version exclusive stones.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#16SkyknightPosted 12/28/2013 7:26:52 PM
Gamesmaster100 posted...
CookieMarvin posted...

To my knowledge you can only have one pokemon mega evolve per battle and once it evolves it stays like that for the rest of the battle even after being switched out. Also only one poke is able to mega evolve even if other pokemon have their stone, it's just whoever you decide to use first. This still applies even after the mega poke faints so you can't have another mega evolve afterwards.

Thinking about it, even though it's only relevant in game, if I revive a pokemon I mega evolved does it stay mega evolved? I really can't remember now.

I've done it before. The critter gets reset, and will NOT be able to activate its Sta...er...use Mega Evolution again.
---
3DS FC 1246-8792-4625; 3DS name: Skyknight; Pokemon Y name: Suzaku
FS denizens: Tangela, Ivysaur, Maractus
#17CookieMarvin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 7:27:44 PM
Gamesmaster100 posted...
CookieMarvin posted...

Awesome. Thanks. I think this largely clears things up.
---
Esteemed Icing Salesman