This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate the Random Number God.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I hate the Random Number God.

User Info: Lord_Ichmael

Lord_Ichmael
3 years ago#1
I'm breeding Skarmories where I should have a 1/12.63 chance of getting a 31/31/31/x/31/31 with Sturdy, and am at 32. HP is the weak link where one parent doesn't have 31. So, naturally, I'm getting x/31/31/x/31/31 all over the place... Then, 13 hatched eggs in, I get one that the IV Checker tells me is 31/31/31/x/31/31 and think "Sweet!... Oh, crap, that means it almost certainly has Keen Eye... Yep, damn it." Now, at 32 eggs, I get a batch where 4 in a row all have 31 in HP, but of course, each of them lacks a 31 in one of the other 4 relevant stats- all of them different ones, too! It's like the game has a fetish for selecting Special Attack as an IV to pass down when I don't want it to. I've heard other stories like this before, and had a problem with the game almost endlessly throwing non-31/31/31/x/31/31 5 IV Adamant Swablus at me a few weeks ago I made a topic about too. Does hax luck apply to breeding, too?

... This gives me lots of Skarmory trade fodder. Almost 1/3 as much as the Swablus.

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
3 years ago#2
If you're getting frustrated, you could try to get an Ability Capsule to use on the one with the IV spread that you wanted.
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
Brian | FC: 0860-3353-5697 | Ice: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong | TSV: 3630

Lord_Ichmael
3 years ago#3
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Might be worth a shot. Too bad I blew >120 BP on other items today. Not too hard to grind for though.

Lord_Ichmael
3 years ago#4
Hmm, compared to the Battle ___ doing things like Quick Claw + Horn Drill 3 times in a row, this is pretty tame...

User Info: Metal Gear Raxis

Metal Gear Raxis
3 years ago#5
I hate WoW missing.
The Nanoha that you've always admired is an invincible Ace who will not lose to anybody.

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
3 years ago#6
Hmm, compared to the Battle ___ doing things like Quick Claw + Horn Drill 3 times in a row, this is pretty tame...

At least you get 1 BP per victory, instead of having to win multiple times in a row to get any BP...
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
Brian | FC: 0860-3353-5697 | Ice: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong | TSV: 3630

Lord_Ichmael
3 years ago#7
True.

Finally got it 41 eggs in. There should be only a 3.39% chance of having to get that many, but... oh well, could have been worse.

I am never, ever going to try Masuda Method or anything else for a shiny. I just don't have the patience (or box space).

User Info: ColtCababa

ColtCababa
3 years ago#8
It is the Lord.

The Lord of screwjobs.
Did you know that cashews come from a fruit?
3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412 | FS: Spheal, Bergmite, Dewgong
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. I hate the Random Number God.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived