This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Post game suggestions or move on to another game?

#1Vito219Posted 12/28/2013 11:04:18 PM
I've already made my team and don't really care about much. I hate the 3v3 format of battle spot, especially now that its packed with legendaries becoming even more of a "WHO HAS THE HARDEST HITTING SWEEPING LEGEND FEST + MEGAKANGA" REALLY ISH THERE WAS A 6v6 option, legendary pokemon are MUCH more managle in a 6v6 setting. 3v3 is just too small. 6v6 matches are hard to come by and there is pretty much no post game I want to do or haven't done. I think I'm going to just play something else all the while being disappoint in how little longevity these games have. Pokemon Z better rock....
---
Black: 0003 2733 6504
SS: 1677 7369 7003
#2Vito219(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 11:08:06 PM
Any game suggestions that are a nice change of pace?
---
#3EmperorZangoosePosted 12/28/2013 11:15:44 PM
Legends aren't a big deal since 90% of players using them don't know how to use them. I frequently sweep whole teams of Legendaries using the likes of Mega Pinsir, Mega Blaziken and even Toxic Boost Zangoose once. All I do is send out Smeargle w/ Focus Sash. Use Spore, use Shift Gears (if they lead with Mewtwo, I do this the other way around in case they go Mega Mewtwo Y) and then use Baton Pass, and my new Pokemon is now faster than any Legendary and usually able to kill them in one hit, since half of these Legendaries aren't even EVd or with proper natures. The time with the Zangoose I managed to get two Shift Gears in, and then just swept with Facade. If I can take them out with Zangoose, something considered an NU Pokemon, I don't think these Legendaries noobs are really ruining the variety you can have in your team. A good thing about the 3V3 format is you can bring "backup Pokemon", in other words, cheap/overpowered Pokemon that you only use if your opponent is going to be using cheap Pokemon too. I always bring one Legendary in case the opponent has a team full of Pokebank Legendaries, since half of them are hacked to have 6IVs.
#4Vito219(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 11:19:58 PM
EmperorZangoose posted...
Legends aren't a big deal since 90% of players using them don't know how to use them. I frequently sweep whole teams of Legendaries using the likes of Mega Pinsir, Mega Blaziken and even Toxic Boost Zangoose once. All I do is send out Smeargle w/ Focus Sash. Use Spore, use Shift Gears (if they lead with Mewtwo, I do this the other way around in case they go Mega Mewtwo Y) and then use Baton Pass, and my new Pokemon is now faster than any Legendary and usually able to kill them in one hit, since half of these Legendaries aren't even EVd or with proper natures. The time with the Zangoose I managed to get two Shift Gears in, and then just swept with Facade. If I can take them out with Zangoose, something considered an NU Pokemon, I don't think these Legendaries noobs are really ruining the variety you can have in your team. A good thing about the 3V3 format is you can bring "backup Pokemon", in other words, cheap/overpowered Pokemon that you only use if your opponent is going to be using cheap Pokemon too. I always bring one Legendary in case the opponent has a team full of Pokebank Legendaries, since half of them are hacked to have 6IVs.

Yea, I only run into Megakangas paired with other Banked Legendaries(proper ones). It's tiring(slightly managable) to impossible beat( I dont use legendaries myself) and just overall easier to handle in a 6v6. I'm thinking of finally starting Xenoblade....and just wait for Z or something. These games are losing steam for me really fast
---
#5EmperorZangoosePosted 12/28/2013 11:27:06 PM
Vito219 posted...
EmperorZangoose posted...

Yea, I only run into Megakangas paired with other Banked Legendaries(proper ones). It's tiring(slightly managable) to impossible beat( I dont use legendaries myself) and just overall easier to handle in a 6v6. I'm thinking of finally starting Xenoblade....and just wait for Z or something. These games are losing steam for me really fast

Mega Kanga is actually easy to beat. Bring Blaziken, use Protect on the first turn so Speed Boost puts you ahead of Kanga in speed, then just go for High Jump Kick, and take it down. Sure they can switch, but the majority of them don't from my experience, they just think they're invincible because they are using Mega Kangas, and either stay in using some stupid move, or go for Sucker Punch which Blaziken just resists.
#6Marcx629Posted 12/28/2013 11:34:42 PM
This game was lacking in the post-game department, but there's:

-The battle maison and battle institute if you want to fight NPCs with pretty nice AI.

-There's also a small post-game storyline involving a certain character from a previous Pokemon game.

-If you're a completionist, you could try finishing the Kalos dex, collecting all of the mega stones, finding all the arceus plates etc

-Catching Mewtwo, Zygarde and whatever legendary bird you got(based on your starter)

I can't really recommend you any games since I don't know what genre you like, but some good 3DS games include Kingdom Hearts 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Legend of Zelda: A Link between worlds, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#7HopedWallPosted 12/30/2013 7:35:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Vincade27Posted 12/31/2013 12:24:47 PM
I beat the game and there is really not much to do post-game. I'm playing other games in my backlog right now but might start playing again when Pokebank get's released.
---
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, EOIV, and Shin Megami Tensei IV