This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't I just catch ALL pokemon in-game....

#1deltamiragePosted 12/28/2013 10:12:07 PM
Having to Really on Pokebank, the worthless GTS, Garbage Wonder Trade, and The greedy ass people over on the trade boards, to get the mons I want is infuriating.

Pokebank is even double useless to me, since Pokemon Y is the ONLY Pokemon game I even own....
---
3DS FC - 4656-7043-8864
#2shadowenclave47Posted 12/28/2013 10:14:00 PM
Because GF won't make as much money that way.
---
3DS FC 3539-9421-0380
#3Sloth9230Posted 12/28/2013 10:15:32 PM
Because GF is free to do what GF wants to do.
---
Proud owner of a Ditto Friend Safar!!!! :D
FC: 0189 - 9442 - 1365 IGN: Nero
#4SorrySleepingPosted 12/28/2013 10:16:02 PM
Pokemon, community, values, etc.

What fun would a single player game be without forced multi-player for the single player part?

Oh I don't know, maybe every other single player game that has a PvP multi-player?
---
~{Always Goomy}~
http://i.imgur.com/m0KMWke.gif http://i.imgur.com/GiIXnCh.png
#5Meteordragon10Posted 12/28/2013 10:33:50 PM(edited)
deltamirage posted...
Having to Really on Pokebank, the worthless GTS, Garbage Wonder Trade, and The greedy ass people over on the trade boards, to get the mons I want is infuriating.

Pokebank is even double useless to me, since Pokemon Y is the ONLY Pokemon game I even own....

It's a way to make sales, and a way to make the games more unique. Two versions. Different Pokemon. You need to trade with others to get them all. They've been doing this since the games were first released. I can understand that and see that it was a smart choice on their part to do such a thing. I doubt that getting a bunch of money was their actual intent in the first place though. From what I remember, the whole idea was mostly for encouraging others to trade with people and make new friends, or something to that extent. Having a different version than another person encouraged you to trade with them to get things you didn't have. Kids didn't mind and I think overall it worked out quite well. Remember that it was made for little kids.

I can see how it would be annoying from your point of view, but I'm pretty sure you're one of the very few who only have one Pokemon game... GTS is crap but I don't want it removed. It is still useful for getting certain Pokemon. Wonder Trading is sometimes the only way you'll get decent stuff without having to pay an arm or leg for it, so other than those people trading crap Pokemon all the time, I think its a decent addition...

Not everyone at the trading boards are greedy, but most probably are. I don't even bother going there to trade though. All I see is greedy cloners and people looking for perfect Pokemon most of the time..,

You may have to look elsewhere on another site to find people who won't rip you off right in front of other people. I hear the serebii forums or chat room is better for trading than here...
---
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786
Name: Kratos
#6lunarswordPosted 12/29/2013 11:56:27 PM
And that is why I hack when I can. I bought the damn game, the Pokemon are on the cart, I am entitled to have them without a million hoops to jump through. AR cheating/Pokegen is a lot simpler and faster than waiting for events (region be damned, I have foreign events) or finding the right player to trade.
---
GamerTag- Dread Arkive / PSN- Dread_Arkive
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#7KeroroGunsouPosted 12/30/2013 12:53:30 AM
lunarsword posted...
And that is why I hack when I can. I bought the damn game, the Pokemon are on the cart, I am entitled to have them without a million hoops to jump through. AR cheating/Pokegen is a lot simpler and faster than waiting for events (region be damned, I have foreign events) or finding the right player to trade.

this is really everyone's bussiness, you want - you hack, you don't want - you don't hack. No one can tell you what to do.
it's that easy.
---
Pokemon X, TSV:3010, FC:4596-9778-4021, Fairy: Dedenne/Mawile/Cleffairy, InGameName: Denechka