This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bored with my team. Suggest some new pokemon.

#1Alex_HaydenPosted 12/28/2013 10:22:49 PM
Goodra
Rotom-H
Greninja
Lucario(special attacker)
Klefki
Azumarill

That's my current team, does pretty well pre-bank. Kinda bored with it though, and I know I'm gonna need to make some changes anyway.

What Pokemon make good allies to the pokemon I currently use? Would like to still use them, just not all together. I'd like to break them up into a few different teams.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code- 4398 9465 8673
Pokemon X: Brett Animal Crossing NL- Town name: Moralton
#2DeathtatorPosted 12/28/2013 10:31:44 PM(edited)
latios - special attacker
evolite porygon2 - wall
Eelektross - mixed attacker
volcarona - special attacker
sableye - crippler
scizor/mawile - physical attacker
---
FC: 3523-2593-2499 | Safari: Stunfisk,Luxio,Electrode| Ign: kurisu
#3EmperorZangoosePosted 12/28/2013 10:31:05 PM
That is literally one of the most generic teams I've ever seen, no offense. You should try using Pokemon you actually like, not just the ones considered the best. Though I do applaud the lack of Talonflame and Mega Kangaskhan.
#4OnlyAHeroPosted 12/28/2013 10:33:40 PM
Mega Aggron is a supa-cool Physical wall that can compliment your Goodra. He can sweep, too, with Rock Polish and the right nature. You'd have to have a support Pokemon with Wish if you're going for straight-up walling things, though. He can get whittled down over time.
---
PSN: GiroTheHero
"In a world without flatbread, we would have been Giros." ~Oroken
#5OmniMidKnightPosted 12/28/2013 10:39:30 PM
Pyroar
Helioptile
Bibarel
Diggersby
Wigglytuff
Sawsbuck

Can you see where I'm going with this?
---
Pokemon W: 3825 7871 9422 3DS: 4553 9997 9085
"Keep that bandwagon rollin' because I won't be getting on."
#6vanitas11Posted 12/28/2013 10:46:19 PM
OmniMidKnight posted...
Pyroar
Helioptile
Bibarel
Diggersby
Wigglytuff
Sawsbuck

Uhh. No, I dont. Where are you going with this exactly?
---
Abyssus Est Alius Populus~ Currently Playing: Pokemon Y
3DS FC: 1263 - 7105 - 3383 IGN: Keane
#7neonplanetsPosted 12/28/2013 10:50:28 PM
vanitas11 posted...
OmniMidKnight posted...
Pyroar
Helioptile
Bibarel
Diggersby
Wigglytuff
Sawsbuck

Uhh. No, I dont. Where are you going with this exactly?

Mono-normal?
#8iamBGSPosted 12/28/2013 10:52:09 PM
Chatot @ Focus Sash
Hasty
4 Atk 252 SpA 252 Spe
Nasty Plot
Boomburst
Chatter
U-Turn

And you have to name it Chatty Cathy or Loud Howard depending on gender.
---
0688 5336 2575 Pidgey, Swanna, Rufflet, PM me if you add please
Add me *before* contacting...don't have space for provisional adds
#9RylukinPosted 12/28/2013 10:52:46 PM
Well of course you're bored. You're using the same Pokemon everyone else is using.
---
My Friend Code: 5258 0011 6248. Name: Chijindu
#10Muffinz0rzPosted 12/28/2013 11:03:39 PM
Try a completely new style of team. I tried a Trick Room team for the first time and had oodles of fun with it, whether I won or lost.

Carbink @ Light Clay is a great set-up. Has ridiculous defense/SpDef and will tank non-steel hits for days, but even has access to Sturdy for that. Trick Room, dual screens, stealth rock, explosion (won't do much damage, but decent if you want an offensive move. I recommend living without explosion though).

Reuniclus @ Life Orb. Epic SpAtk, low speed. Great TR sweeper. Magic Guard prevents Life Orb Damage. Oh, and it can learn Trick Room too. Psychic, Focus Blast/miss, and shadow ball give great coverage.

Marowak @ Thick club. See above, except with physical attacks. Bonemerang to smash substitutes, focus sash, and sturdy (or earthquake if you like the accuracy, it's really personal preference), Stone Edge/Rock slide (or smack down to cripple flying types and hit them with bonemerang/EQ), Double Edge (Marowak is literally the embodiment of Rock Head) and Swords Dance. Watch out for Aqua Jet/Water Shuriken.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge/Air Balloon. Slow enough to do well in TR, along with decent defenses and Special Attack. Dragon pulse, Surf, Sludge Bomb or 100%Acc Toxic/Venoshock give it excellent coverage, especially since Fairy typing only does normal damage.

Bronzbong was great for TR setup until the steel nerf, considering that the nerf granted it two additional weaknesses to dark and ghost. Still a decent sacrifice as it can typically tank a hit with its pretty stellar defenses, albeit nowhere as well as Carbink. But give it Air Balloon and Heatproof, and those will be your only two weaknesses. Plus, its speed is horrendous, so give it 0 speed IVs and surprise your opponents with Gyro Ball ^^.

Then, of course, you'll want a sweeper or two that can live outside of Trick Room, something way faster than the rest of your team. Once you lose all your pokés with trick room, you'll need something to be able to last outside of it.

My favorite part of this team and its variants is that they completely avoid the cookie-cutter pokés. Call me a hipster, but seeing Kangaskhan, Talonflame, Aegislash (admittedly would be good in TR though), Greninja, etc. on every team is sickening.

Nevertheless, this specific team won me battle after battle against those pokés time and time again. Give it a whirl.

NOTE: All these are usable without pokébank. Imagine what you can do with it.
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
3DS Friend Code: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 - GHOST: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.