This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does it mean a "Region" for the Masuda Method?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What does it mean a "Region" for the Masuda Method?

User Info: alpachec

alpachec
3 years ago#1
I'm asking because I have my Pokemon X game started in English Language and an bought-used Pokemon Y cartridge whose game is in Spanigh Language, but even if both cartridges are from the the same 3DS-region (since both play in the same 3DS) when I trade from one to another game I can see the [SPA] and [ING] tags in the pokemon.
Where can I buy a sarcasm detector? Mine is broken
3DS FC: 3411-1630-3825 ~ Pokemon X Safari. Beautifly, Heracross, Butterfree ~ TSV: 377 - 1443

User Info: SageKabuto

SageKabuto
3 years ago#2
The region of your pokemons will always be the language you selected in the beginning.

For example, you have bought a 3ds from spain, pokemon x from spain aswell but you start it in english language, then all your pokemon will have the ENG/US symbol but you won't see these symbols because it's yours
Go on, tremble before my power! The power of a Sage!

User Info: CountPopeula

CountPopeula
3 years ago#3
SageKabuto posted...
The region of your pokemons will always be the language you selected in the beginning.

For example, you have bought a 3ds from spain, pokemon x from spain aswell but you start it in english language, then all your pokemon will have the ENG/US symbol but you won't see these symbols because it's yours

I believe this is correct, because the value of 0x17 corresponds to language, not region like Vivillon patterns, and that's what the game checks for the Masuda Method.
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What does it mean a "Region" for the Masuda Method?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived