This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does it mean a "Region" for the Masuda Method?

#1alpachecPosted 12/29/2013 6:02:44 AM
I'm asking because I have my Pokemon X game started in English Language and an bought-used Pokemon Y cartridge whose game is in Spanigh Language, but even if both cartridges are from the the same 3DS-region (since both play in the same 3DS) when I trade from one to another game I can see the [SPA] and [ING] tags in the pokemon.
---
Where can I buy a sarcasm detector? Mine is broken
3DS FC: 3411-1630-3825 ~ Pokemon X Safari. Beautifly, Heracross, Butterfree ~ TSV: 377 - 1443
#2SageKabutoPosted 12/29/2013 6:05:38 AM
The region of your pokemons will always be the language you selected in the beginning.

For example, you have bought a 3ds from spain, pokemon x from spain aswell but you start it in english language, then all your pokemon will have the ENG/US symbol but you won't see these symbols because it's yours
---
Go on, tremble before my power! The power of a Sage!
#3CountPopeulaPosted 12/29/2013 6:15:18 AM
SageKabuto posted...
The region of your pokemons will always be the language you selected in the beginning.

For example, you have bought a 3ds from spain, pokemon x from spain aswell but you start it in english language, then all your pokemon will have the ENG/US symbol but you won't see these symbols because it's yours

I believe this is correct, because the value of 0x17 corresponds to language, not region like Vivillon patterns, and that's what the game checks for the Masuda Method.
---
I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. - Voltaire