This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't we have a Special version on Burn and intimidate?

#11TG_WolfPosted 12/29/2013 3:06:20 PM
A new move has appeared!

Snap Freeze

BP: -
Acc: 85

Freezes the opponent solid. Frozen pokemon cannot act until thawed. Has no effect on Ice type or pokemon with the ability Magma Armor.
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all ExistenceOfficial Mu of UNS3 Board
Official Saberwulf of the KI Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^] TMAFI :3
#12ShishigoPosted 12/29/2013 3:06:38 PM
I've often thought that maybe a new status effect could come into play to achieve this effect. The status effect being a bug rash or something (obviously bug moves would have a chance of inflicting this). The idea being the rash not only itches causing residual damage each turn but due to the itching it makes it overall more difficult to concentrate, and thus limits ones ability to use special attacks. Could help with Bug types seeing more play but more so bug type attacks. You only ever see U-Turn, and Bug Buzz here and there. I've yet to see one thing use X-Scissor this gen...
---
One Shot One Kill No Luck Pure Skill
3DS FC: 5429-7359-3391 Pokemon X Safari: Inkay, Cacturne, Pawniard IGN: Parker
#13joey11223Posted 12/29/2013 3:08:49 PM
Shishigo posted...
I've often thought that maybe a new status effect could come into play to achieve this effect. The status effect being a bug rash or something (obviously bug moves would have a chance of inflicting this). The idea being the rash not only itches causing residual damage each turn but due to the itching it makes it overall more difficult to concentrate, and thus limits ones ability to use special attacks. Could help with Bug types seeing more play but more so bug type attacks. You only ever see U-Turn, and Bug Buzz here and there. I've yet to see one thing use X-Scissor this gen...

MPinsir has X-scissor surely? Mine does anyhow lol.

Also Armaldo..though obviously he's not seen much, but he has a spot on my bug team.
#14Ac3777Posted 12/29/2013 3:09:00 PM
cuz theres no true physical equivalent of blissey.

hippo, avalugg, and gliscor are the closest but meh
---
3DS: 3969 - 5035 - 8237
Munna, Sigilyph, Xatu
#15RaltriosPosted 12/29/2013 3:09:04 PM
neb555 posted...
Special intimidate I can see being feasible.

Special burn? Hell no. Do you know how annoying the metagame would get if there were statuses that nerfed both sides of the attacking spectrum? Especially if something got access to both of them.

This.

Besides, right now physical attackers for the bulk of sweepers. I myself have a very hard time trying to find a special attacker to fit into my teams when there are so many cool physical attackers I want to try.
---
3DS FC: 3050 - 7604 - 7991 Friend Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
#16discodancer77Posted 12/29/2013 3:10:42 PM
TG_Wolf posted...
A new move has appeared!

Snap Freeze

Acc: 60

Freezes the opponent solid. Frozen pokemon cannot act until thawed. Has no effect on Ice type or pokemon with the ability Magma Armor.

And even then, this is still pretty broken. At least spore/sleep powder is useless on grass types, and things with sleep talk can just take them. I guess ice types will be immune, but there's no sleep talk equivalent
---
Crime doesn't pay. Crime takes what crime wants.
3DS FC:4484-9115-6149
#17CarefreeDudePosted 12/29/2013 3:11:00 PM
Special sweepers lack the stopping power physical ones have anyways. Plus Nasty Plot isn't a TM like Sword Dance is, so very few have the opportunity to set up.
---
3DS friend code: 5112-3770-6561
Rock Safari: Pupitar, Rhydon, dwebble
#18ShishigoPosted 12/29/2013 3:22:33 PM
discodancer77 posted...
TG_Wolf posted...
A new move has appeared!

Snap Freeze

Acc: 60

And even then, this is still pretty broken. At least spore/sleep powder is useless on grass types, and things with sleep talk can just take them. I guess ice types will be immune, but there's no sleep talk equivalent

You say that is if Sleep Talk is a move people carry often, or that Sleep Talk has potential to be viable over other moves on a pokemon's learnset. And if Ice Types are immune to it its just as balanced as Spore/Sleep Powder (despite accuracy) they would each have one type immune to it (their own, surprise surprise). People also completely forget using a fire move in any way unthaws you...
---
#19ShishigoPosted 12/29/2013 3:25:23 PM
joey11223 posted...
Shishigo posted...

MPinsir has X-scissor surely? Mine does anyhow lol.

Also Armaldo..though obviously he's not seen much, but he has a spot on my bug team.

Yes, MPinsir would/should run X-Scissor you're right. I still haven't seen one while playing though.
---
#20Xerosmaster12Posted 12/29/2013 3:35:31 PM
Raltrios posted...

This.

Besides, right now physical attackers for the bulk of sweepers. I myself have a very hard time trying to find a special attacker to fit into my teams when there are so many cool physical attackers I want to try.

Funnily enough, I'm the opposite. My teams usually have 3 or 4 special attackers, precisely because there is no burn equivalent and there are less special walls in the meta.
---
3DS FC: 0963-0563-2098