This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Continue PokeBank subscription or lose your pokemon..

#1joey11223Posted 12/29/2013 10:55:13 AM
Hadn't really seen this being discussed so are people aware of this?

"If your trial pass or annual pass expires and you do not purchase a new pass, you can still withdraw your Pokémon from Pokémon Bank for a set period of time. However, once that set period of time ends, any Pokémon remaining in your Pokémon Bank Boxes will be lost. Be sure to withdraw your deposited Pokémon as soon as possible, or purchase a new annual pass."

Since many will no doubt store more pokemon than their in-game boxes can hold (breeding and such), this seems quite problematic. It's too bad they won't freeze the data for a few years at least in case you want to renew when a new gen comes out.

I mean it's only Ł4.50/$5 a year, but if you forget for some reason and don't re-new in time..you lose it all.
#2tuttiPosted 12/29/2013 10:58:50 AM
It's a service. If you don't pay for the service, you don't get the service. You didn't really expect them to keep providing the storage service forever even after you stop paying, did you?
---
3DS friend code: 5386-7979-9957 - Mienfoo, Hariyama and Throh.
TSV 1241
#3Inferno05Posted 12/29/2013 10:59:15 AM
You can make room. No one needs that many Pokemon.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#4joey11223(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 11:01:49 AM
tutti posted...
It's a service. If you don't pay for the service, you don't get the service. You didn't really expect them to keep providing the storage service forever even after you stop paying, did you?

Tbh I'm not concerned, it's more I wasn't sure if folks did realise. Well in all honesty I don't know how much space the data for say 1000 mons would take up? a few kb or so per mon?

Though this wouldn't be needed if they allowed storage on SD card...
#5overmaxxPosted 12/29/2013 11:02:50 AM
This likely won't affect 99,9% of people who use the service, it's nothing to worry about.
---
DD Info - PSN: Steel_Tarkus | Mami | Level 140~ Sorcerer | Scather/Challenger | Would appreciate a Blessed Flower.
#6thealmightydibPosted 12/29/2013 11:03:28 AM
This is a bad idea and goes against the whole idea of passing pokemon between generations of players
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
3DS FC - 2363 5791 6085
#7ctSuperChrisPosted 12/29/2013 11:09:28 AM
joey11223 posted...

People keep bringing this up, but I don't think many people are considering how easy it would be to clone pokemon if they were stored this way. I'm sure some people don't care - I don't really care if it's easy to clone pokemon - but surely some of the people who bring this up do care.
#8joey11223(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 11:24:27 AM
ctSuperChris posted...
joey11223 posted...

People keep bringing this up, but I don't think many people are considering how easy it would be to clone pokemon if they were stored this way. I'm sure some people don't care - I don't really care if it's easy to clone pokemon - but surely some of the people who bring this up do care.

Could an alternative be a the option to download some sort of file from the pokebank which has the data for your pokes, but is encrypted or something in such a way that you'd need to upload it back to pokebank (once you re-new your subscription) to restore them on it? Suppose hackers would get into it in the end?