This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Pokemon are confused by mega evolution?

#1Mobile_PlatformPosted 12/31/2013 10:18:18 PM
It's been said that meeting all of the criteria to mega evolve is incredibly rare and I'm certain not even 0.1% of all Pokemon ever achieve it in their lifetime. So when one does, do you think it's just completely baffled by what has occurred? I wonder if they need a few moments of coping, or perhaps someone to gently talk them down.
---
"Well, you know the old saying: When life gives you lemons... go murder a clown." --Festus Krex
#2Blackcat0123Posted 1/1/2014 12:41:34 AM
I imagine some are pretty weirded out the first time, like a boy suddenly hitting puberty all at one moment.

It probably takes Mawile a moment to adjust to the second set of jaws.
Banette has finger claws, cool. It looks pretty happy about that from the animation.
Ampharous immediately looks for a mirror, because it is fabulous!
Gengar probably just likes being creepier, but ground types probably freak it out now.
Mega Garchomp is probably proud as f*** about the sickles.

And so on.
---
PSN: Blackcat012 3DS FC: 0834 1716 7409
"If a tree falls down in a forest, and no one is around, would anyone notice your car just got stolen?"
#3Azure_FlamePosted 1/1/2014 12:43:38 AM
Kangaskhan is just incredibly proud of her little baby, all grown up and destroyin' people ;w;
---
Official Crimson Spinda of the Pokemon X board
#4Blackcat0123Posted 1/1/2014 12:45:04 AM
Manetric is probably incredibly freaked out by the damn mountain on it's back. I mean, really?
---
PSN: Blackcat012 3DS FC: 0834 1716 7409
"If a tree falls down in a forest, and no one is around, would anyone notice your car just got stolen?"
#5tarzanmxPosted 1/1/2014 1:09:10 AM(edited)
Some of them, maybe. I imagine, gameplay mechanics apart, that some of them (Garchomp, Aggron, Tyranitar) would actually go out of control or into a rage the first time out of the inability to control their new power.

Banette is one I can imagine not having any problems, given the fact the evil spirit within the doll actually gains more freedom and can burst out from its physical embodiment without any risk.

Kangaskhan probably is the least shocked.

The more huma-esque ones like Lucario and Blaziken probably have it easy too; I like to think they have the same control over their bodies, but their power is greatly amplified.

Oh, and Alakazam/Gardevoir are more "mind" than body. Alakazam in particular I can imagine being amazed by all the new possibilities that open before it.
---
Not changing this sig until I have at least one Shiny version of each Eeveelution.
3/9 done.