This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about late evolution

#1nowgoDie88Posted 12/31/2013 10:51:10 PM
This is potentially a very dumb question but something Iíve always worried about. Say youíre in a battle and a pokemon grows a couple levels PAST itís evolution level and canít evolve till the battle is over. Will it lose any stat gains from evolving late?

Specifically I just took a cyndaquil into battle in the elite 4 and he grew to level 22 before the battle ended.

Did I lose any stat gains in those extra 8 levels as a cyndaquil or does it balance out as soon as it evolves?

I saved right before the battle so I can still reset
---
200 degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit!
#2Trourke93Posted 12/31/2013 10:52:17 PM
No the stats of your quilava will be no different then if it evolved at level 16.
---
3DS FC: 3625-9029-9485
#3nowgoDie88(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 10:54:21 PM
Thanks!
---
200 degrees, that's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit!
#4jayman7Posted 12/31/2013 11:00:22 PM
For the record: stat gains don't exist in Pokemon. The Little Plus Numbers you see when you level up don't mean anything significant.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5Demon_SharkPosted 12/31/2013 11:01:52 PM
jayman7 posted...
For the record: stat gains don't exist in Pokemon. The Little Plus Numbers you see when you level up don't mean anything significant.

Stat gains don't exist? By that logic a level 1 Aron can tackle a level 100 Mewtwo and do the same amount of damage as a level 100 Aggron.
---
You know what? Now that i think about it, I don't care.
3DS FC: 4656-6427-0648
#6jayman7Posted 12/31/2013 11:05:25 PM
Demon_Shark posted...
jayman7 posted...

Stat gains don't exist? By that logic a level 1 Aron can tackle a level 100 Mewtwo and do the same amount of damage as a level 100 Aggron.

FEARon.

But you miss the point.

Stat gains, as in little numbers added to your stats every level, as in what you get in Fire Emblem, as in what the TC was worried about, don't exist.

Stats do usually get higher over time, but it's because they're calculated from a formula, and the factors in the formula either never or only rarely decrease. But the Little Plus Numbers you see when you level up don't mean a blasted thing and are not "stat gains".
---
#7BR0DE0Posted 12/31/2013 11:09:35 PM
I think what he means is that it is all pre calculated. Because the IVs are permanent, and the base states are permanent, there will never be a time where you get +2 in attack, but if you soft resetted and leveled up again you'd get +1 in attack.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4940 - 5429 - 5402 IGN: Tyler
Shiny Value: 825
#8jayman7Posted 12/31/2013 11:11:51 PM(edited)
BR0DE0 posted...
I think what he means is that it is all pre calculated. Because the IVs are permanent, and the base states are permanent, there will never be a time where you get +2 in attack, but if you soft resetted and leveled up again you'd get +1 in attack.

*dingdingdingdingding* We have a winner!!!
---
#9BR0DE0Posted 12/31/2013 11:11:26 PM
jayman7 posted...
BR0DE0 posted...

I'd like to dedicate my award to my mother who was always there to make me sammiches.

Happy new years to all.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4940 - 5429 - 5402 IGN: Tyler
Shiny Value: 825
#10Demon_SharkPosted 12/31/2013 11:25:57 PM
BR0DE0 posted...
jayman7 posted...
BR0DE0 posted...

I'd like to dedicate my award to my mother who was always there to make me sammiches.

Happy new years to all.

And now it makes sense. So your stats at level 30 lets say are already determined as soon as your pokemon hatches! Unless you use an item like the muscle brace I guess but that's whole different factors.
---
You know what? Now that i think about it, I don't care.
3DS FC: 4656-6427-0648