This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So do we know when Bank is supposed to come out?

#11astrangeonePosted 1/3/2014 7:57:44 AM
illadelph42 posted...
Haku125 posted...
This makes no sense. The holidays are over and the servers are basically back to normal. Why is there no plans or anything? I just need to get an understanding on it. Is it possible that the servers couldn't handle bank to begin with? Is this the problem and why they refuse to put it back? I just don't understamd why we need to wait any longer.

Honestly I didn't want to believe it but now there really is no excuse other than this is Japans way to get a leg up. With every game they have always gotten it first now this time they did the world wide release and it seems they regret it because we were all on a level play field.

So in order to give Japanese trainers an advantage they released the bank for them first...and apparently only for them for now. Not to mention all the exclusive Japan only events that they end up getting.

Basically bottom line Nintendo/GameFreak are super bias and nothing anyone tells me will sway my opinion on that at this point. Not at least until everyone else is giving the same benefits as Japanese player i.e. Bank, events, and such.

Because Pokemon is so important to the Japanese that a company that's interested in the bottom line (eg. money) would drop everything (billions of dollars and long term money milking) just to give a few million individuals early access to a service??

That doesn't make sense.

My guess is that Nintendo's trying to get stuff up and running smoothly (imagine if they released Bank with so many problems? no thanks, I'm not storing my rarest Pokemon up in the cloud if things get hairy and deletion or data corruption happens)... Remember that Nintendo has never done something on this scale before - never something using cloud storage or even massively online and connected.

Although right now, it's a big fracking misstep by Big N. I mean, 90% of the user population is getting annoyed at your delays and the attitude of "I'm not telling you anything, but PLS UNDERSTAND". Really, way to build your fan base up. It's not hard to have a press conference and say, "Hey, we are having trouble getting Bank up to handle the huge influx of users." It's actually kind of embarrassing. Nintendo had sales figures, and knows that any new Pokemon games sell like hotcakes laced with Breaking Bad meth. But they underestimated the amount of users, even with old sales figures and a ton of information from past sales! (I mean, even look at the amount of pre-orders that were streaming in - the EBgames I pre-ordered from actually ran out of normal stock of X/Y for two days following the launch.)

The events Pokemon I don't care about. Events are made to promote the games, and to promote in-game trading. I just want the New Year's Inkay (because it's fun and I'm Chinese and it fits the Lunar New Year theme.) I'm actually happy about the long Torchic event and I would love a couple of VGC monsters in my game...but that's about it.

At this rate of Pokebank information, I
---
Offical Lezzie Girl Gamer! On Motion Sickness:
My brain firmware updated itself to handle it or something...
#12PaganDrumGodPosted 1/3/2014 7:59:42 AM
Does nobody understand that Nintendo is Japan-based and thats why they get games early??! Usually the games are in Japanese first, then get translated by NOA. Seriously, come on.
#13astrangeonePosted 1/3/2014 8:01:25 AM
I don't expect a lot of information to come out of Pokebank because Nintendo has history of not telling their fan base anything - because they don't trust the fanbase. (See exhibit A - special screws on everything before, exhibit B - official Game Counselor hotlines, exhibit C - the Virtual Boy messup and no apology to early adopters)
---
#14SniperNightOwlPosted 1/3/2014 8:04:57 AM(edited)
For me, it's not so much the wait but the fact Nintendo said they would keep us updated on the situation and we've heard NOTHING for quite a long time now. I was very excited and looking forward to this, and I was going to buy pokebank to support them, but because of how poorly they have handled it I'm going to transfer my pokemon then let my free trial expire. The way Nintendo handled this and treated their consumers doesn't make them worth my money, no matter how low the price is. :/
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
My Pokemon X/Y Battle Spot Matches : www.youtube.com/user/SniperNightOwl
#15astrangeonePosted 1/3/2014 8:14:50 AM
SniperNightOwl posted...
For me, it's not so much the wait but the fact Nintendo said they would keep us updated on the situation and we've heard NOTHING for quite a long time now. I was very excited and looking forward to this, and I was going to buy pokebank to support them, but because of how poorly they have handled it I'm going to transfer my pokemon then let my free trial expire. The way Nintendo handled this and treated their consumers doesn't make them worth my money, no matter how low the price is. :/

Exactly my sentiments. Sheesh. It's the day and age of instantaneous information - you can tell us, your consumers what's happening...

I might do the same - transfer and let the free trial expire.
---
#16Pit_07Posted 1/3/2014 8:26:02 AM
PaganDrumGod posted...
Does nobody understand that Nintendo is Japan-based and thats why they get games early??! Usually the games are in Japanese first, then get translated by NOA. Seriously, come on.

This would me true if it didn't come out in about 4 different Asian countries on the same day. That's also not an excuse because we got the release date long in advance, if they didn't have it translated by Christmas we weren't getting it anyway.
---
Cyndaquil just grew on me
You should probably get that checked, it might need removing.
~Kamek69
#17Haku125Posted 1/3/2014 8:32:44 AM
I'm glad at least some of you can see this. This isn't how the gaming industry works, nintendo is too stuck in the past and they think they can get away with zero communication with their fans. This is why nintendo is so far behind in the console war, they refuse to change and open up to newer tactics. When GTA online had it's problems Rockstar made it their top priority to get it up and running again and kept the fans who were annoyed clued in at all times. I know for a fact that if this were to happen to a sony or Microsoft product they would be guiding us every step of the way of the on how they were going to solve it.

So next time nintendo, when you question as to why you are failing in the gaming industry, please look back upon this situation and see just how much people question your methods.
---
Superbot: Oh you want us to nerf Sackboy? Here why don't we break the game for you!
#18holon_zzPosted 1/3/2014 8:33:55 AM
Speaking of it, does anyone know when is the next Nintendo Direct??
---
FC: 0920-0711-0706 IGN: Alan
#19illadelph42Posted 1/3/2014 8:44:18 AM
Haku125 posted...
I'm glad at least some of you can see this. This isn't how the gaming industry works, nintendo is too stuck in the past and they think they can get away with zero communication with their fans. This is why nintendo is so far behind in the console war, they refuse to change and open up to newer tactics. When GTA online had it's problems Rockstar made it their top priority to get it up and running again and kept the fans who were annoyed clued in at all times. I know for a fact that if this were to happen to a sony or Microsoft product they would be guiding us every step of the way of the on how they were going to solve it.

So next time nintendo, when you question as to why you are failing in the gaming industry, please look back upon this situation and see just how much people question your methods.

Agreed. Let's all be honest here if Pokemon was a Playstation or Microsoft franchise this either would have been settled already or at least we would have some information of what is going on.
---
FC: 2595 - 1096 - 5395
#20PaganDrumGodPosted 1/3/2014 9:14:09 AM
Pit_07 posted...
PaganDrumGod posted...

This would me true if it didn't come out in about 4 different Asian countries on the same day. That's also not an excuse because we got the release date long in advance, if they didn't have it translated by Christmas we weren't getting it anyway.

Well, I was saying in general that's why the release date of the physical game is typically held back in the past. As far as bank, it was initially released in Japan since, hey, we release USA games here first before outside the conutry. And in this case, the server had an issue and that's why they shut it down, not to purposely screw us over :)