This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate it when people ask to trade and...

#1CakeOfLiesPosted 1/4/2014 3:56:31 PM
Put up some random crap for your good Pokemon. Then, when you decide to show them a different Pokemon that's worth as much as their crap, you wait to see if they'll change their offer. They don't. Give them a good 30 seconds and they're not even looking through different boxes, so then you tap "OFFER."

And then they decide to start showing you different Pokemon. Just showing. Not offering. So you can never take your offer down as you're forced see level 3 Pikachus and elemental monkeys scroll across the screen. There's nothing more annoying in-game than this.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#2J_AppleiPosted 1/4/2014 3:58:44 PM
That's why I don't accept trade requests from Americans. All of the ones I accepted with Japanese people actually traded with me. :P
---
"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." -E4 Grimsley
#3Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 1/4/2014 3:59:14 PM
Yeah, also when they start showing every single shiny they have and when you offer your own shiny, they offer a crap Pokemon.
They should've kept those little smiley signs on the bottom like in Gen V.
---
http://i.imgur.com/M1PpLkk.png
The official Royal Heir of GameFAQs!
#4choicespecPosted 1/4/2014 4:00:10 PM
I get waaay too many passerby requests on my JP 3DS, usually from Americans.
---
Name: Cactus | FC: 1736-1162-6607| Pansear, Slugma, Fletchinder
I have access to sandstorm and monsoon Vivillon
#5Hi-Ho-Diddly-DoPosted 1/4/2014 4:01:52 PM
It's funny, someone earlier kept putting up a level 30 Tyrunt for show and then switching it to some crap Pokemon when I threw out something from the Friend Safari. It's like he thought he was being clever, even though I was just throwing out the crap that I already caught several of like Forretress and Shuppet.
#6FuneralCakePosted 1/4/2014 4:01:55 PM
I never trade with anyone. Even when they have things like "WANT CHIKORITA" as their greeting, I offer them a Chikorita and they don't want to trade for it.

It's just way too frustrating.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#7ScyntPosted 1/4/2014 4:05:09 PM
I decline all trade offers except with friends, and even then I normally decline unless we discussed a trade earlier.
#8Necro_SlainPosted 1/4/2014 4:06:04 PM
I had one person who kept showing me her Shiny Dragonair, and her regular Mewtwo X.

I proceeded to show her my Shiny Talonflame, Shiny Alakazam, my legendaries, all 18 starters, and other random Pokebank Pokes to see if she would ever offer anything for them... she kept going between those two pokes without ever offering anything. So I left the trade, as I was tired of dealing with her trying to show off when she clearly had nothing of value that she was willing to trade.

But other than that, every offer has been like you described above. Everyone wants to get that 5 IV'd shiny Feraligatr, and they only want to offer a regular, unbred Eevee, because that's fair, right?
---
The official Chaos Blade of the Darks Souls Xbox 360 board.
GT: Pinkies Pie
#9DasManiacPosted 1/4/2014 4:14:26 PM
Happens to me all the time. In fact one guy did it twice to me. He could clearly tell I wanted his Dusknoir and I offered several good Pokemon but he kept putting Magikarp for them. I left the trade both times because he was just being a douchebag. I'm an American and I don't understand why my fellow Americans do that to people. The Japanese (at least on GTS, not on this site) are generally willing to trade good stuff. However on this site none of them who have access to Pokemon Bank will because for some reason they only want Pokemon from Kalos not Unova.
#10rojsePosted 1/4/2014 4:15:06 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
Put up some random crap for your good Pokemon. Then, when you decide to show them a different Pokemon that's worth as much as their crap, you wait to see if they'll change their offer. They don't. Give them a good 30 seconds and they're not even looking through different boxes, so then you tap "OFFER."

And then they decide to start showing you different Pokemon. Just showing. Not offering. So you can never take your offer down as you're forced see level 3 Pikachus and elemental monkeys scroll across the screen. There's nothing more annoying in-game than this.

What I do is switch my Wifi off.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67782742
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67922449