This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, right now Hydreigon is sitting at possibly UU

#21Rad_DudesmanPosted 1/5/2014 11:29:57 PM
CoastTrainer posted...
I don't really go to smogon, but doesn't that just mean it's -- wait for it -- under used? Meaning it's not as overused as it was last gen? I thought uber was the only true tier based on how broken/powerful a pokemon is. Everything else is judged on how often trainers use it in battle. Then again, I don't really go there, so I could be wrong.

You are correct, for the most part. Though Ubers is not the only tier based on power.

If a Pokemon is too broken for UU, it's banned to Borderline (BL).

If a Pokemon is too broken for RU, it's banned to BL2.

Too broken for NU, and you're banned to BL3.
---
Nintendo Network ID: raddudesman
#22elnimioPosted 1/5/2014 11:30:24 PM
ColtCababa posted...
Sableye is OU, which is BS considering it's not OU material, and one of the primary reasons it was being using in the past was for a useful switch-in to Mega Kanga. Outside of that, it has niche use in OU.

Oh, and Galvantula, which was only used for Sticky Web.

lol, Sableye completely dead-stops ANY physical attacker that is not a fire type. Every. Single. One.
---
FC: 0104-0375-1844 [Ground type: Larvitar included!!] IGN: Elmo
#23TheError404Posted 1/5/2014 11:35:26 PM
Didn't Sableye get more usage this gen just because Mega Khan/other offensive Megas were around?
---
3DS FC: 4828-4187-9995, Grass Safari: Oddish, Petilil, Quilladin.
#24ColtCababaPosted 1/5/2014 11:58:32 PM
elnimio posted...
ColtCababa posted...
Sableye is OU, which is BS considering it's not OU material, and one of the primary reasons it was being using in the past was for a useful switch-in to Mega Kanga. Outside of that, it has niche use in OU.

Oh, and Galvantula, which was only used for Sticky Web.

lol, Sableye completely dead-stops ANY physical attacker that is not a fire type. Every. Single. One.

Sure, just leave your Scizor in and be all, "Hey, burn my physical attacker, please. Naw, I won't switch out, you go ahead."
---
Did you know that cashews come from a fruit?
3DS FC: 2964-8611-5412 | FS: Spheal, Bergmite, Dewgong
#25omega bahumatPosted 1/6/2014 12:08:38 AM
Heracross straight up counters sableye
#26reyray0709Posted 1/6/2014 12:09:42 AM
OU looks boring as hell this gen.
---
Umvc3 Team: Zero, Vergil, Wesker - Street fighter 3 & 4: Yun - Injustice: Nightwing & Batman.
PSN & GT: reyray0709. 3DS Friend code 3110-5005-0804