This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cloning is bad for the Trade Economy, mmm kay

#1GilgameshSwordsPosted 1/8/2014 4:30:25 AM
If you were to clone ten copies of a 100 bill, and use that to exchange for items, that would destabilise the country potentially.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCMgeUHWEKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1kMW9lqBc
#2GenjutsuCrowPosted 1/8/2014 4:31:58 AM
There Is no way all of my shiny legendary Pokemon are ruining the economy.
I get to trade and everyone else who doesn't have perfect shiny Pokemon are treated like the dirt they are, everything Is In order.
---
The best dressed person and the official Doublade master of the Pokemon X and Y board!
My Friend Code: 1719-3885-3128, my In game name Is Aaron.
#3ScyntPosted 1/8/2014 4:32:21 AM
Trading would be better if there wasn't an economy at all.
#4Sloth9230Posted 1/8/2014 4:34:14 AM
The economy can suck it, so for that, the cloners have my thanks and continued support. Though i do miss the days when people kissed my butt to get me to add them lol. Damn 6 IV ditto's, I love and hate you!
---
Proud owner of a Ditto Friend Safari!!!! :D FC: 0189 - 9442 - 1365 IGN: Nero
All add request messages shall be ignored }:D
#5GoGoatPosted 1/8/2014 4:39:12 AM
GenjutsuCrow posted...
I get to trade and everyone else who doesn't have perfect shiny Pokemon are treated like the dirt they are, everything Is In order.

I hate to say it, but this is correct. These aren't the school yard days when we would give away our clones just because we could.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595 http://i.imgur.com/t35hiVk.jpg
#6LinkIII_IsBackPosted 1/8/2014 4:55:57 AM
Scynt posted...

that makes no sense. the only way for there not to be an economy is if there is no trading.
---
3DS FC: 1160-9739-5944
#7shadowreaper7Posted 1/8/2014 4:56:12 AM
GenjutsuCrow posted...

Which is all well and good of course, until your shiny legendaries, perfect legendaries, shiny perfect legendaries and Perfect shinies, reach another cloner.

In which case, if he's someone like me. Who's nabbed all the events up until now and due to numerous activity on the trade board in previous years, has friends in high places being able to get anything which is missed/desperately needed.

It won't matter as we can start doing giveaways of the exact same pokemon you're using as leverage.
And as soon as this goes to another cloner who does the same thing. Everything gets devalued.
You're leverage is gone, and suddenly everyone is able to trade again as the people who don't have shiny perfect pokemon suddenly have shiny perfect pokemon. Clones or not.

But thats okay, because you can pick up shiny legendaries you don't have, and if you have all of them already. Looks like its back down to the 5/6 IV's and 5/6 iv shinies. In which case once again you can just get clones of what you don't have.

Though i must say. Cloning won't ruin the economy. The economy to an extent is already ruined, and cloning devalues everything to the same level. Its only if there is more of one thing, who's worth starts to exceed the demand as you'll have something you can't trade for anything. That is when the economy is ruined completely. (I.e. when everyone has everything but more and more of the supply keeps being made).
---
Black 2 FC: 1077 - 9701 - 9188
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out! Don't Fear the Reaper
#8GenjutsuCrowPosted 1/8/2014 5:00:51 AM
So Is that supposed to be Intimidating or something, because even If I did actually have perfect shiny legendaries they would still be cloned like every other Pokemon on the trade board.

Even If they're devalued they're still worth more than what a normal trainer could get without events or generosity.
---
The best dressed person and the official Doublade master of the Pokemon X and Y board!
My Friend Code: 1719-3885-3128, my In game name Is Aaron.
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 1/9/2014 6:37:08 AM
Scynt posted...

As in, just Wonder Trade? Everyone puts something random in and gets something random out, people don't try to get something of equal value to what they're putting in (or better, of course)?
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#10PentaoPosted 1/9/2014 6:41:24 AM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Scynt posted...

As in, just Wonder Trade? Everyone puts something random in and gets something random out, people don't try to get something of equal value to what they're putting in (or better, of course)?

More like if you ask for something, someone will eventually get it to you.

Personally I like having better trade requests. Things like "I'll give you a whatever Pokemon if you battle me, and you don't have to win" or something like that.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]