This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Nintendo's latest tweet piss you off?

#31kingjam1Posted 1/10/2014 1:37:04 PM
It made me laugh. They just repeated what they said before. It's like they don't even care.
---
Can't think of anything
#32GoGoatPosted 1/10/2014 1:53:14 PM
ciberraja posted...

Just because the crybabies are the loudest does not mean they are the majority.
Still, I kinda agree with the part about the flood of topics from whiny kids, I cannot understand.how somebody can be so impatient and obnoxious.

While I agree that some of the users on this board could do with a bit of soap shoved into their mouths, over two months with a sudden extension isn't exactly "impatient".

And lets be honest here, the server crash was inevitable no matter what, but the decisions made for its launch and the attempts at PR afterward have been terrible. Launching on Christmas Day was a horrible move, and (almost) no restrictions after what happened with the Global Link shows a complete failure to learn from the past. Giving "updates" without any actual substance, several times, is also going to antagonize any decently sized group of people. True, you keep the angry mobs quiet by slowly drip feeding them information, but that only works if you actually give some information.

Oddly enough, launching in Japan first and not going global is probably the only good decision they made, despite all the complaints about it. Shame it wasn't enough.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
3ds FC: 1934-0765-5595 http://i.imgur.com/t35hiVk.jpg
#33DarkstaPosted 1/10/2014 1:54:43 PM
People on these boards are such hypocrites.

Last week everyone was up in arms screaming bloody murder that Nintendo hadn't said anything about Pokebank yet. A few reasonable people said "well they may not have anything to update" to which people replied "well they should say that so they show they are listening!". There's even several topics about being "left in the dark".

Fast forward, hey they are updating us. People response, "bloody waste of time! I can't believe this! Arg! Nintendo sucks!"

-.-
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong
#34javel34Posted 1/10/2014 1:55:36 PM
zelionx posted...
Wait, what happened to Pokemon Poke?!

Bank is better anyway.
---
3DS FC: 1822-0159-2098 Luxio safari
#35ciberrajaPosted 1/10/2014 2:00:08 PM
GoGoat posted...
ciberraja posted...

Just because the crybabies are the loudest does not mean they are the majority.
Still, I kinda agree with the part about the flood of topics from whiny kids, I cannot understand.how somebody can be so impatient and obnoxious.

While I agree that some of the users on this board could do with a bit of soap shoved into their mouths, over two months with a sudden extension isn't exactly "impatient".

And lets be honest here, the server crash was inevitable no matter what, but the decisions made for its launch and the attempts at PR afterward have been terrible. Launching on Christmas Day was a horrible move, and (almost) no restrictions after what happened with the Global Link shows a complete failure to learn from the past. Giving "updates" without any actual substance, several times, is also going to antagonize any decently sized group of people. True, you keep the angry mobs quiet by slowly drip feeding them information, but that only works if you actually give some information.

Oddly enough, launching in Japan first and not going global is probably the only good decision they made, despite all the complaints about it. Shame it wasn't enough.

I know I know, they have a point, Its still Nintendo´s fault, but one would think that at this point people would understand its not coming anytime soon.
---
OH CRAP - Everyone at least once.
FC: 3454 - 1410 - 4524
#36ChapFromKrugisPosted 1/10/2014 2:06:53 PM
Darksta posted...
People on these boards are such hypocrites.

Last week everyone was up in arms screaming bloody murder that Nintendo hadn't said anything about Pokebank yet. A few reasonable people said "well they may not have anything to update" to which people replied "well they should say that so they show they are listening!". There's even several topics about being "left in the dark".

Fast forward, hey they are updating us. People response, "bloody waste of time! I can't believe this! Arg! Nintendo sucks!"

-.-

Yes, because we were totally asking for them to regurgitate the same non-info from weeks ago.
---
3DS FC: 5412-9912-6820 | IGN: Neo (Y) Makoto (X) | TSV: 1879 |
http://i.imgur.com/G5Jgq3s.png | http://i.imgur.com/nSudXNv.jpg
#37BlueHarvestPOTWPosted 1/10/2014 2:07:46 PM
I don't understand why people care.

Due to Japan Pokebank all breedable Pokemon are now pretty easy to get. 6 IV Dittos can be found much easier too. You might have some difficulty finding good IVed Pokebank Legends but ah well. They certainly exist.

So all your old Pokegenned or RNG abused flawless Pokemon from past gens are stuck in BW 2 for a while. Big deal, they probably have outdated sets and EVs. My flawless Drizzle Politoed and lead Metagross isn't going to get much use anytime soon because both those Pokemon are pretty bad this gen.

Breeding flawless (or 5iv) Pokemon is really easy this gen. In the two months you have been complaining about Pokebank there is no reason you couldn't get literally any team you want barring a few difficult to find legends or event Pokemon.

I can understand being disappointed but seriously grow up. Pokemon shouldn't be such a big deal in your life that you actually get visibly angry because you can't use a few of your old Pokegenned favorites on Random Wifi for a few months. I play maybe 60 minutes of Pokemon a month, barring the hour a week I spend writing the Pokemon of the Week on Serebii and I frankly don't care about Pokebank. There is no reason such a trivial thing should upset anyone.

tl;dr version: cry more children
---
I write the Serebii Pokemon of the week.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?210-POTW-Collaboration
#38javel34Posted 1/10/2014 2:12:11 PM
BlueHarvestPOTW posted...

Due to Japan Pokebank all breedable Pokemon are now pretty easy to get. 6 IV Dittos can be found much easier too. You might have some difficulty finding good IVed Pokebank Legends but ah well. They certainly exist.

So all your old Pokegenned or RNG abused flawless Pokemon from past gens are stuck in BW 2 for a while. Big deal, they probably have outdated sets and EVs. My flawless Drizzle Politoed and lead Metagross isn't going to get much use anytime soon because both those Pokemon are pretty bad this gen.

Breeding flawless (or 5iv) Pokemon is really easy this gen. In the two months you have been complaining about Pokebank there is no reason you couldn't get literally any team you want barring a few difficult to find legends or event Pokemon.

I can understand being disappointed but seriously grow up. Pokemon shouldn't be such a big deal in your life that you actually get visibly angry because you can't use a few of your old Pokegenned favorites on Random Wifi for a few months. I play maybe 60 minutes of Pokemon a month, barring the hour a week I spend writing the Pokemon of the Week on Serebii and I frankly don't care about Pokebank. There is no reason such a trivial thing should upset anyone.

tl;dr version: cry more children

I have pokemon I actually bred...way to generalize.

But yea it's not that big of a deal.
---
3DS FC: 1822-0159-2098 Luxio safari
#39Godly_GoofPosted 1/10/2014 2:19:42 PM

tl;dr version: I'm a colossal generalizing douche.

Fixed.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#40ChapFromKrugisPosted 1/10/2014 2:21:01 PM
You might have some difficulty finding good IVed Pokebank Legends but ah well. They certainly exist.

Why would I want those? They're not mine. I can't nickname them.
---
3DS FC: 5412-9912-6820 | IGN: Neo (Y) Makoto (X) | TSV: 1879 |
http://i.imgur.com/G5Jgq3s.png | http://i.imgur.com/nSudXNv.jpg