This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Nintendo's latest tweet piss you off?

#81TheEpicBroPosted 1/10/2014 5:31:40 PM
GFAWSPokeBanker posted...
New update: I'ma massive no lifer.

What?
---
3DS FC: 4553-9974-8764 IGN: Saeed
Starter of the uproar of posts recently "Off-Topic" things on the Pokemon X/Y boards!
#82Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/10/2014 5:33:09 PM
Raizun posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

answer me this..so I can understand this kind of thought process.

You walk into a restaurant, you sit down and order food. You wait an hour..you still have no food. Do you call a waitress/waiter to complain? Or do you sit and wait patiently for you food.

Another hour goes by you still didn't get your good, but a waitress/waiter said, they are making it, you will have it soon. You see someone across the room from you, has also waited 2 hours, he complains gets up and leave. Would you tell this person that he should sit there, wait patiently for his food, it will be done when its done, and to stop complaining because he isn't entitled to eat the food?

At what point do you, as a customer, get up and walk out of the restaurant because you didn't get your food?

I guarantee the people who spout this kind of attitude do not logically apply it to the same situations regarding similar situations.

This is not the same kind of situation. We are not going to Nintendo and expecting them to serve us in this way. They are not entitled to sell us what they don't have out. Yes, they have put out Pokebank, but things happen, and now they can't yet due to whatever.

This would be more like some seasonal entrees we are expecting, but maybe there's a shortage or the weather's been so bad, they don't have it anymore/yet. The only thing we can do is wait and see if the conditions become better for that ingredient to thrive. Can we reprimand the restaurant for their lack of this seasonal entree? If they treat us, the customers, like utter crap, then yes. If they are unsure about when they can get this, they can also tell us it will be there in the future, but that makes us feel not at ease, and that is where we are now. The best thing they could do would be to tell us straight what is going on.

And as much as we threat it, even if most of us say we won't buy Pokebank later, I think most are just lying to themselves and everyone else out of frustration and impatience. I'm not saying Nintendo is in the right because they're just not handling this as well as they should, but it's obvious we're just going to have to wait. We're basically in their bidding, so people just need to chill and stop fuming. The world's full of games and the outdoors, do we really need to wait for Pokebank to enjoy ourselves?

tl;dr chill and wait it out, or you'll get a heart attack.

The problem with your analogy is you blame outside uncontrollable issues (ie weather), when the fault is actually with nintendo (the restaurant). Whether they didn't have enough dishes, enough food prepared, bad cooks, etc. Would you go back to that same restaurant with any of these problems..no right to complain.

Im not talking about whining every 20 seconds and demanding, im just talking about a unsatisfied customer..because that is what we are.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#83CheckmateD1Posted 1/10/2014 5:34:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#84terrancejonesPosted 1/10/2014 5:34:29 PM
I said, as long as you don't do a Capcom.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#85tehkapiPosted 1/10/2014 5:38:59 PM
It's like I'm psychic or something. I knew that the next time Nintendo talked about Bank people would be like "THAT'S NOT NEWS, WE WANT NEWS," though a few days ago, people were complaining because Nintendo wasn't saying anything at all.

Geez, make up your minds people, either you want news or you don't, you got what you wanted, news, even if it's not what you were expecting. Please Understand and don't just deal with it, deal with it. ;)
---
No, I am not going to run, I am not going to hide, I am going to take a stand and fight!
#TeamChespin FTW!
#86terrancejonesPosted 1/10/2014 5:44:01 PM
Oh um, to that analogy about the restaurant, I did wait 2 hours, but I was at a Sushi restaurant, that was verrrrry popular. It was well worth the 2 hours, to get yummy, yummy sushi.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#87Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/10/2014 5:47:55 PM
terrancejones posted...
Oh um, to that analogy about the restaurant, I did wait 2 hours, but I was at a Sushi restaurant, that was verrrrry popular. It was well worth the 2 hours, to get yummy, yummy sushi.

And to some people thats ok..I definitely dont prefer sushi that much.

However..did they tell you when you would get your food? or did you just sit and wait..until it just came one day..difference..and its pretty big one.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#88Sloth9230Posted 1/10/2014 5:53:40 PM
Rydis-Shiko posted...

answer me this..so I can understand this kind of thought process.

You walk into a restaurant, you sit down and order food. You wait an hour..you still have no food. Do you call a waitress/waiter to complain? Or do you sit and wait patiently for you food.

Another hour goes by you still didn't get your good, but a waitress/waiter said, they are making it, you will have it soon. You see someone across the room from you, has also waited 2 hours, he complains gets up and leave. Would you tell this person that he should sit there, wait patiently for his food, it will be done when its done, and to stop complaining because he isn't entitled to eat the food?

At what point do you, as a customer, get up and walk out of the restaurant because you didn't get your food?

I guarantee the people who spout this kind of attitude do not logically apply it to the same situations regarding similar situations.

If a restaurant takes too long to get me my food, I complain... politely, not like a 5 year old having a temper tantrum. Most people here look like 5 year olds. I also don't throw out threats and ultimatums, if I'm not happy with the service I just leave, I don't spend the next 30 minutes threatening to leave, which is again what you guys are doing. Most people who make threats almost never go through with them anyway, threats from the weak are just pathetic little scare tactics. And you guys are weak, you're making threats because you don't actually want or plan to leave, and every threat you make lets Nintendo know that they have you by the balls.

As for TC's question, I wasn't mad, i didn't even read it, i have better things to do then have a heart attack over bank lol.
---
Proud owner of a Ditto Friend Safari!!!! :D FC: 0189 - 9442 - 1365 IGN: Nero
All add request messages shall be ignored }:D
#89bankaidragonPosted 1/10/2014 5:56:35 PM
Personally, i was upset.
Thanks for asking
---
3DS FC: 0662-3762-7692
#90RaizunPosted 1/10/2014 5:58:40 PM
Rydis-Shiko posted...

The problem with your analogy is you blame outside uncontrollable issues (ie weather), when the fault is actually with nintendo (the restaurant). Whether they didn't have enough dishes, enough food prepared, bad cooks, etc. Would you go back to that same restaurant with any of these problems..no right to complain.

Im not talking about whining every 20 seconds and demanding, im just talking about a unsatisfied customer..because that is what we are.

I believe the eShop crashing was the uncontrollable issue. The fault can be put on Nintendo for not placing a larger repercussion on this circumstance, or maybe they did not see this happening beforehand and the blame can be placed on the large number of people who went on eShop at the time. I'd say this was controllable to an extent, but as it was, out of Nintendo's power at the time. This is why I made that analogy.

Your analogy doesn't work because it doesn't factor in the unforeseen crash. The restaurant is not picking or choosing people to serve first, just as Nintendo did not intend to pick certain people in Japan to obtain Pokebank first (OR DID THEY?). It was simply a misfortune that the eShop crashed, and actually, it WAS a bad idea to release it on Christmas day. However, I'm guessing Nintendo thought they could handle the giant influx of customers, and that was their mistake.

What would you do now if you were Nintendo? I'd give a better message of what is going on, but tbh, I think the complainers would continue to complain no matter what I tweeted. So right now, they could be tweaking things in the Pokebank, deciding when the best time to release it would be while accounting for other releases Nintendo must release, looking at server problems/limits, etc.etc. We really have no idea what they're really doing now, but we know Nintendo wants all of our delicious bread, and they will release it "in the future" for that bread.

The only thing us consumers can do is wait. Yes, we can complain, but we can at least make those complaints constructive criticisms instead of "GIMME POKEBANK NAO OR ILL NEVER BUY UR POKEGAMES AGAIN." That helps no one, and come on, are there really no other games for gamers out there right now?
---
3DS FC: 4597-0571-1300
Currently playing Pokemon and ACNL