This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Nintendo's latest tweet piss you off?

#91savagechild89Posted 1/10/2014 7:03:38 PM
dont see why people get pissed off over this stuff anyway. it will come when it comes. if not, get over it. stuff happens. world keeps spinning.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#92bankaidragonPosted 1/10/2014 7:05:20 PM
savagechild89 posted...
dont see why people get pissed off over this stuff anyway. it will come when it comes. if not, get over it. stuff happens. world keeps spinning.

But i was taught that the world is a giant turtle floating in space, so is no spins
---
3DS FC: 0662-3762-7692
#93Sloth9230Posted 1/10/2014 7:12:40 PM
bankaidragon posted...
savagechild89 posted...

But i was taught that the world is a giant turtle floating in space, so is no spins

It used rapid spin.
---
Proud owner of a Ditto Friend Safari!!!! :D FC: 0189 - 9442 - 1365 IGN: Nero
All add request messages shall be ignored }:D
#94silverwing525Posted 1/10/2014 7:14:22 PM
BigDaddyWingnut posted...
They throw out a vague-ass statement like that and then people wonder why fans are upset? Even worse are the people wishing the bank never gets released. Wow. I can't fathom people who say things that are so full of bile and vitriol. I agree with the fact that it's annoying seeing so many complaint topics but, at the same time, I understand why people are upset. Not everyone hacked their Pokémon. I just have a ton of Pokémon that I've had since the R/S/E days that I'm quite attached to. As others have said, I don't want someone else's, I want mine.

However, I am willing to wait and not kick up a fuss about it. Complaining about it does nothing but get people riled up and irritated all over again. We'll get it eventually, and people will forget all about the wait. I liken this to Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The wait for those was agonizing but, as soon as they arrived, it was glorious. Stay strong, my friends.

I agree with this^
---
Let the silver light of Justice fill the world!
Official Lugia of PMD.
#95Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/10/2014 7:17:32 PM
Raizun posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

The problem with your analogy is you blame outside uncontrollable issues (ie weather), when the fault is actually with nintendo (the restaurant). Whether they didn't have enough dishes, enough food prepared, bad cooks, etc. Would you go back to that same restaurant with any of these problems..no right to complain.

Im not talking about whining every 20 seconds and demanding, im just talking about a unsatisfied customer..because that is what we are.

I believe the eShop crashing was the uncontrollable issue. The fault can be put on Nintendo for not placing a larger repercussion on this circumstance, or maybe they did not see this happening beforehand and the blame can be placed on the large number of people who went on eShop at the time. I'd say this was controllable to an extent, but as it was, out of Nintendo's power at the time. This is why I made that analogy.

Your analogy doesn't work because it doesn't factor in the unforeseen crash. The restaurant is not picking or choosing people to serve first, just as Nintendo did not intend to pick certain people in Japan to obtain Pokebank first (OR DID THEY?). It was simply a misfortune that the eShop crashed, and actually, it WAS a bad idea to release it on Christmas day. However, I'm guessing Nintendo thought they could handle the giant influx of customers, and that was their mistake.

What would you do now if you were Nintendo? I'd give a better message of what is going on, but tbh, I think the complainers would continue to complain no matter what I tweeted. So right now, they could be tweaking things in the Pokebank, deciding when the best time to release it would be while accounting for other releases Nintendo must release, looking at server problems/limits, etc.etc. We really have no idea what they're really doing now, but we know Nintendo wants all of our delicious bread, and they will release it "in the future" for that bread.

The only thing us consumers can do is wait. Yes, we can complain, but we can at least make those complaints constructive criticisms instead of "GIMME POKEBANK NAO OR ILL NEVER BUY UR POKEGAMES AGAIN." That helps no one, and come on, are there really no other games for gamers out there right now?

it actually does help because if consumers as a whole..do nothing..what is it to nintendo to make it a priority to fix/complete? I mean..if were just going to sit..not complain..comes when it comes..then nintendo really has no sense or responsibility to address the issue in a timely manner..why should they?

Nintendo is in it to make money..the longer they delay, the more potential customers they lose. People will lose interest in pokemon x and y and not care about the bank, others will see them as a bad company..and not want their products. Some will buy it regardless too. However if people complain, it shows that they risk losing them as customers, and in return no have a reason to actually address issues in a timely matter..and communicate to their consumers.

Now im not saying "waah give me now" is the right thing, what im saying is complaining is a good thing to an extent. Having no complaints will just make them complacent..and that helps no one either.

Nintendo has previous experience with these kinds of things, they have previous examples to look from (look at most MMO launches for example) and they have data that they utilize to forcast possible downloads/sales/etc. But instead of holding them responsible for their bad choices, people create excuses for them. And that is way worse than any amount of worthless whining.
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#96Ecclesiastes273Posted 1/10/2014 7:28:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIwlRClHsQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon X
FC: 0989 - 2566 - 4406 IGN: Michael
#97RaizunPosted 1/10/2014 7:42:00 PM
Rydis-Shiko posted...

it actually does help because if consumers as a whole..do nothing..what is it to nintendo to make it a priority to fix/complete? I mean..if were just going to sit..not complain..comes when it comes..then nintendo really has no sense or responsibility to address the issue in a timely manner..why should they?

Nintendo is in it to make money..the longer they delay, the more potential customers they lose. People will lose interest in pokemon x and y and not care about the bank, others will see them as a bad company..and not want their products. Some will buy it regardless too. However if people complain, it shows that they risk losing them as customers, and in return no have a reason to actually address issues in a timely matter..and communicate to their consumers.

Now im not saying "waah give me now" is the right thing, what im saying is complaining is a good thing to an extent. Having no complaints will just make them complacent..and that helps no one either.

Nintendo has previous experience with these kinds of things, they have previous examples to look from (look at most MMO launches for example) and they have data that they utilize to forcast possible downloads/sales/etc. But instead of holding them responsible for their bad choices, people create excuses for them. And that is way worse than any amount of worthless whining.

Oho no, I didn't mean people should just never complain. I agree with you there, but I guess I should clarify, I'm talking about the minority extremists on this board, who are always the loudest anyway. They're constantly making stabs at Nintendo like consumers are the cynical masters entitled to everything. It's fine to complain, but there is a point when it gets to be too much, and as you said, the "waah"-ing is pointless and needs to stop. When the boards are filled with nothing but bashing on Nintendo for Pokebank, there's a problem. I'm sure Nintendo probably has their hands full on the issue already. At the same time, Nintendo needs to own up in a better way, at least more informative way in tweeting. We're on the same side.

I also think Nintendo knows that they have us all in their grasp, which probably explains why they're handling the situation so poorly. Even if Pokebank were released much later, chances are, many of us will still buy it. Many of us will want to buy it sooner, why? Because of the "Celebi" or whatever promotion that will provoke us to do so, and for a mere 5 bucks to continue, they've pretty much secured us anyway.

Btw, I've experienced your analogy before. Believe me, it's nothing to the lightheartedness I personally feel with Pokebank. There was nothing unforeseen to delay our meal for so long, and they never even came by our table to update us on anything. I was so angry that time, apparently after I glared at them and stepped outside while my bf in the restaurant paid for his measly miso soup, the entire restaurant staff bowed to him in apology to us. >_>
---
3DS FC: 4597-0571-1300
Currently playing Pokemon and ACNL
#98Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/10/2014 7:58:30 PM
Raizun posted...
Rydis-Shiko posted...

Oho no, I didn't mean people should just never complain. I agree with you there, but I guess I should clarify, I'm talking about the minority extremists on this board, who are always the loudest anyway. They're constantly making stabs at Nintendo like consumers are the cynical masters entitled to everything. It's fine to complain, but there is a point when it gets to be too much, and as you said, the "waah"-ing is pointless and needs to stop. When the boards are filled with nothing but bashing on Nintendo for Pokebank, there's a problem. I'm sure Nintendo probably has their hands full on the issue already. At the same time, Nintendo needs to own up in a better way, at least more informative way in tweeting. We're on the same side.

I also think Nintendo knows that they have us all in their grasp, which probably explains why they're handling the situation so poorly. Even if Pokebank were released much later, chances are, many of us will still buy it. Many of us will want to buy it sooner, why? Because of the "Celebi" or whatever promotion that will provoke us to do so, and for a mere 5 bucks to continue, they've pretty much secured us anyway.

Btw, I've experienced your analogy before. Believe me, it's nothing to the lightheartedness I personally feel with Pokebank. There was nothing unforeseen to delay our meal for so long, and they never even came by our table to update us on anything. I was so angry that time, apparently after I glared at them and stepped outside while my bf in the restaurant paid for his measly miso soup, the entire restaurant staff bowed to him in apology to us. >_>

I agree
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.