This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to reset the current level exp of a pokemon?

#1DoramiPosted 1/10/2014 6:18:06 PM
As in resetting the "to next level" exp to 0?
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | NNID: StareRoe
PSN: Raftina
#2jayman7Posted 1/10/2014 6:19:19 PM
No. Why?
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#3KafukayPosted 1/10/2014 7:18:03 PM
jayman7 posted...
No. Why?

OCD I guess, I understand... it bugs me as well while my main team members is all dead and I have level up those hm salves or they gain exp in double battle/esp share,,,
#4jayman7Posted 1/10/2014 7:39:36 PM
Your Pokémon won't gain levels at the same rate anyway, unless they're all in the same experience group, you get them at the same level at around the same time, and you're ridiculously persistent at switching all six in for every battle. That would be some level of OCD. 9_9
---
#5Dorami(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 7:47:02 PM
I am not quite that OCD. I was just wondering whether it's possible to get rid of the exp I gained for Xerneas

Maybe one day down the line I'll regret having the exp on Xerneas, but for now I don't want to restart because of that. >.>

For some reason I thought trading sets the "to next level" exp to 0.
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | NNID: StareRoe
PSN: Raftina
#6LotrMorgothPosted 1/10/2014 7:51:43 PM
not to dictate your experience to you but OCD is about obsessions and compulsions

Your obsessions must meet these criteria:

Recurrent, persistent and unwelcome thoughts, impulses or images are intrusive and cause distress.
You try to ignore these thoughts, images or impulses or to suppress them with compulsive behaviors.

Compulsions must meet these criteria:

Repetitive behavior that you feel driven to perform, such as hand-washing, or repetitive mental acts, such as counting silently.
You try to neutralize obsessions with another thought or action.
These behaviors or mental acts are meant to prevent or reduce distress, but they are excessive or not realistically related to the problem they're intended to fix.

What you are talking about is obsessive compulsive personality disorder which is a preoccupation with organization and perfection
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#7ss4gogeta_darkPosted 1/10/2014 7:52:42 PM
Get all pokemon to lv100.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1225/1700|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W8prox64
FCs in contacts. NNID Heroxoot
#8fullhans1Posted 1/10/2014 7:53:47 PM
Doesn't rare candy set the experience bar back to 0 after leveling up?
---
Push the button. Welcome to the next level.
#9jayman7Posted 1/10/2014 7:54:00 PM
Dorami posted...
I am not quite that OCD. I was just wondering whether it's possible to get rid of the exp I gained for Xerneas

Maybe one day down the line I'll regret having the exp on Xerneas, but for now I don't want to restart because of that. >.>

For some reason I thought trading sets the "to next level" exp to 0.

I think there was a scenario in the first gen that sent your current EXP down to the minimum for the current level, but... first gen.

Anyway, a few EXP are not going to have any impact on your Xerneas. However, the EVs you probably gained in the process might... but those, unlike EXP, can be reset.
---
#10jayman7Posted 1/10/2014 7:54:25 PM
fullhans1 posted...
Doesn't rare candy set the experience bar back to 0 after leveling up?

Yes, but then it wouldn't be "current level", now, would it?
---