This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help making a good team?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Help making a good team?
1 year ago#1
I'd really like to make a good competitive team. I've got an okay start, but I'd like some opinions on how to really make it great.
Here's what I have so far:
-Charizard
-Pinsir (most likely my Mega evo)
-Goodra
-Malamar
-Phione (not sure if I want to keep it)

I still need a sixth Pokemon to put in there, too.
Anyone have any suggestions?
1 year ago#2
Mukuhawk posted...
I'd really like to make a good competitive team. I've got an okay start, but I'd like some opinions on how to really make it great.
Here's what I have so far:
-Charizard
-Pinsir (most likely my Mega evo)
-Goodra
-Malamar
-Phione (not sure if I want to keep it)

I still need a sixth Pokemon to put in there, too.
Anyone have any suggestions?

couple things, i wouldn't keep phione. I like using pokemon that i like as opposed to purely competitive pokemon, but if you're looking for a good competitive team, phione isn't the answer. Also, I wouldn't use charizard on your team unless you plan to mega evolve it. Especially with mega pinsir, you could use a spinner (and if you decide to keep charizard), so i recommend donphan, just because you have a good physical attacker in mega pinsir. Goodra is a good special wall, especially with the assault vest build. What set are you running on malamar? (not sure what is usually run on malamars) but it would be good to add a poke that can status, such as rotom w, trevenant (which can also serve as a spin blocker), slowbro, slowking, etc. Speaking of spin blocker, you might want to add some hazards. Skarmory is a good defensive wall that can not only lay stealth rocks, but can also phaze to rack up hazard damage. Ferrothorn is good as a tank, plus can use leech seed for some extra health should you opponent stay in with the seeded poke.
---
FC: 4313-0620-5972; IGN: Daniel
Friend Safari: Electric: Pachirisu, Helioptile, Manectric
1 year ago#3
I've got Malamar running Topsy Turvy, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, and Superpower. It feels pretty solid, especially with Contrary as its ability, and I've found it to sweep pretty well.
I was thinking about using Trevenant, so I'll probably go that route. And Donphan seems like a pretty solid choice, too.
Thanks a lot for your input! This really helped a lot :)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Help making a good team?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived