This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POKEBANK: Release Status, FAQ and Information (Request Sticky plz!)

#1GiratinalgaPosted 1/10/2014 6:07:53 PM
There's been a bevy of topics lately regarding Pokebank and its release. Needless to say, there's been a lot of discussion lately due to its delay. With that being said, there's been a user (or users) that has lately been posting bad links leading to malware, bad scripts, and potentially viruses. While it's happened for a while now, there are no doubt new users or lurkers who aren't aware of these happenings, and therefore, I felt it time to make a topic on this and either request a sticky or keep it bumped. So, without further ado, let me get the information rolling out.

As you may know, Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter are two applications developed by Gamefreak as methods of storing Pokemon from the following: Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2, Pokemon White 2, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. Pokemon Transporter allows Pokemon currently stored in Pokemon Bank to be transferred to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y; it does not transfer Pokemon to Pokemon Black, Pokemon White, Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2, it can only be a one-way transfer from those games to Pokemon Bank. Pokemon Transporter is free, but it only works with Pokemon Bank, which costs $5 a year.

The apps were originally supposed to be released on December 27th in all non-Asian territories; however, Japan and other Asian territories received the application first on December 25th. After its release, the Nintendo eShop and Nintendo Network kept being knocked off the air since the two applications run off of the eShop and Network servers, and simply couldn't handle the load of regular users, new users coming in from the holidays, Network users, Pokemon Bank users and Pokemon Transporter users.

Due to the large traffic and lack of service heavily related to their release, Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter were taken off the eShop in Japan and other release territories; they were delayed in North America and all other territories and pulled from the eShop. As of this writing, the apps are unreleased, and the only users that can utilize them are the users that downloaded them from certain Asian territories, such as Japan.

FAQ:
Is Pokemon Bank/Transporter released? If not, what's their status?

No, they aren't. This goes for all territories, minus the people who already own the app. Currently, there is no determined release date, and the only real update as to what's going on is that Nintendo/Game Freak are currently stress testing their servers to prevent future crashes.

If it's not released, why are their PokeBank Pokemon being traded over GTS/Wonder Trade/the Trade Boards? What's going on?

While the apps are currently not on the eShop, Asian users were able to access and download them on December 25th/26th. Users that downloaded it during this brief time are still able to utilize the apps, despite their delayed release/pull from the eShop.

What about the 30-day free trial?

It's been extended/postponed, even if you already own the app.

What about the Celebi?

As of right now, the Celebi download still remains until September 2014. Whether the distribution's end date will change or not is currently unknown.

How do you know all of this?

All information will be updated on one or both of these sources:

Nintendo of America Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica
Official Pokemon Twitter Account (International): https://twitter.com/Pokemon

These Twitter accounts provide live updates on the status of Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter.

But I still want to post a topic! Stop telling me these things!

Pokemon Bank board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/746375-pokemon-bank

Please post there.
---
PSN: julito427
3DS FC: 5300-9429-4816
#2Giratinalga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 6:11:10 PM(edited)
Using this message to mention anything I missed.

Let me know if I missed anything, guys. Please request sticky, if possible.
---
#3aurumArgentumPosted 1/10/2014 6:08:51 PM
mandatory "bank's been released bruh blah blah blah virus link"
---
I accidentally MK75
#4J_AppleiPosted 1/10/2014 6:14:04 PM(edited)
aurumArgentum posted...
mandatory "bank's been released bruh blah blah blah virus link"

This, kind of.

Sticky requested btw.
---
"Please Understand." -> http://i.imgur.com/g7nCwjR.jpg
Companion_Cube_ is Arceus and Xerneas. Combined.
#5Companion_Cube_Posted 1/10/2014 6:09:53 PM
Requesting sticky.

I wasn't aware there was a Bank board yet. Thanks
---
I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police. - SomeLikeItHoth
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (I'm low on Friend slots ATM) IGN: X
#6Giratinalga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 6:09:58 PM
I'll lock the topic once it's been stickied, if it is, anyway.
---
#7P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/10/2014 6:10:38 PM
1/10 for not incorporating a "Please understand" joke somewhere. Also, most Stickies are stickied because they're informative, not because the title pleads for it.

Stickied
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3DS FC: 3222-6121-8437
#8Giratinalga(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 6:12:29 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
1/10 for not incorporating a "Please understand" joke somewhere. Also, most Stickies are stickied because they're informative, not because the title pleads for it.

Stickied

but but but

Please understand
---
#9P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/10/2014 6:13:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0lzyUOjvFw
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
3DS FC: 3222-6121-8437
#10Lucario_PlayerPosted 1/10/2014 6:13:29 PM
Sticky requested here too, this is exactly what I was hoping could be stickied (and glad the Pokemon Bank board was added too)
---
My Youtube (7.9k subs and growing) www.youtube.com/LucarioPlayer14
Playing mostly 3DS games via capture device on my channel! (Japanese and English)