This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate Trevenant Set

#11AoiHydra101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 4:49:36 PM
srzg posted...
AoiHydra101 posted...
Ok, So I'm changing it now, I got a new trevenant, this one seems better then the first

Trevenant @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Ingrain

Btw, This one has 5 IVs. bump

Use Rest instead of Ingrain since you have Natural Cure and can just switch out to remove the sleep

Oh, Ok, Then I'll use Rest
---
3DS FC: 0533 - 4952 - 7611
Psychic Safari: Duosion, Wobbuffet and Grumpig
#12AoiHydra101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 5:03:26 PM
bump
---
#13Paper_OkamiPosted 1/11/2014 6:02:15 PM(edited)
Keldonis posted...
One, Harvest>Natural Cure>Frisk.

The lack of Curse is disappointing. Zapping 1/4 HP from your opponent each turn stops setups, goes through Sub's, ignores evasion, etc.

Sitrus + Harvest for Sub/Leech/ Curse is the way to go.

Chesto for Rest sets.

If opting out for Natural Cure, I agree with the others. Swap Ingrain with Rest.

Curse is terrible, so easily switched out of.
#14AoiHydra101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 6:01:03 PM
Thanks guys, I'll hope you'll help me rate the next pokemon I decide to put on my competitive team!
---
#15KeldonisPosted 1/11/2014 6:16:31 PM(edited)
Paper_Okami posted...

Disagree. Curse/Sub/Leech set is one of the reasons why Trevenant is so good. With Harvest + Sitrus you have all the recovery you need. It's even better if you managed to get a Leech seed up.

If they switch out from Curse I simply set up another sub (if it's broken) or Leech Seed/Shadow Claw whatever else comes in. If it's something that's going to try to setup against Trevenant, it gets Cursed.

Curse is also your only real way to deal with Normal types, and especially walls like Chansey, Blissey, Sub/Toxic Gliscor, Slowbro, etc.

If they have no way to heal, Curse whittles them down to where they can easily be revenged. You can also keep cursing away as Harvest + Sitrus gives you plenty of ample recovery.
---
3DS FC: 1977-1571-8378 IGN Heisenberg TSV: 2336
#16helix73Posted 1/11/2014 6:23:42 PM
Paper_Okami posted...

You can switch out yes, but it really laughs at any Baton Pass team since their goal is to NOT switch. To really add insult to injury the curse passes as well. If you can grab a sub on a switch in, it can be a pretty much guaranteed KO if they don't switch (barring Infiltrator and the likes), and if they do, just do residual damage. No Pokemon really likes 25% of their health drained. It really is a nice set.
---
3DS FC: 0387-8896-1092
#17ShadowUmbreon42Posted 1/11/2014 6:27:00 PM
Paper_Okami posted...
Keldonis posted...
One, Harvest>Natural Cure>Frisk.

The lack of Curse is disappointing. Zapping 1/4 HP from your opponent each turn stops setups, goes through Sub's, ignores evasion, etc.

Sitrus + Harvest for Sub/Leech/ Curse is the way to go.

Chesto for Rest sets.

If opting out for Natural Cure, I agree with the others. Swap Ingrain with Rest.

Not even

Better in doubles though.
---
Being yourself is the greatest thing. Do not let anyone tell you different.
3DS FC: 2277-7277-6375 IGN: Patrick
#18AoiHydra101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 12:50:41 PM
Thank you all. I made a amazing plan for this Trevenant, and It would have never been possible without your help!

Trevenant @ Big Root
Ability: Natural Cure
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Rest

It has 5 IVs! I used it in a Multi Battle today, and it was amazing! When I was burned by a flare blitz from talon flame (which didn't do much), I went and rested + retreat for natural cure to kick in,
---
#19HamiwifulPosted 1/12/2014 12:52:30 PM
AoiHydra101 posted...
Thank you all. I made a amazing plan for this Trevenant, and It would have never been possible without your help!

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Rest

It has 5 IVs! I used it in a Multi Battle today, and it was amazing! When I was burned by a flare blitz from talon flame (which didn't do much), I went and rested + retreat for natural cure to kick in,

Fix'd, you're welcome