This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, why do people complain about "legal" hacks, but accept events?

#1ClassyOldHatPosted 1/12/2014 10:11:43 AM
It always struck me as hypocritical, in a way. When, for example, I see Pokemin111 ranting about Wish Blisseys s/he can never get because s/he wants to play fair, I stop, and imagine a hypothetical hack free world (where the older players don't, for some reason, leave without the knowledge of in-depth mechanics of EV training, etc. to keep them invested in the multiplayer).

So, let us imagine that, say, 500 players got this Blissey when it was distributed. These 500 Players all have a blatant advantage over the millions of other players, more so than, say, a hacker with a Blissey with 31/??/31/31/31/31 IVs, but no Wish, would have in the current environment. Yet people are fine with these players, who did nothing to deserve this advantage, and only have it because they lived in the right place at the right time.

I often hear those more accepting of hacking say they are fine with it as long as there is a way one realistically obtain these Pokemon in the games. No V-Create Serperior, etc. Yet, when you get down to it, stuff like Wish Blissey, Draco Meteor Jirachi, etc. are basically like WonderTombs. The only reason players give them a pass is because they are sanctioned by Game Freak.

Which leads me to ask, if hacking for such rarities has ruined the game for you, as it does in Pokemin's Wish Blissey example, where a large number of players have an advantage a majority of users never will, why did it not ruin the game when Game Freak first released their sanctioned hacks to a "large, but not a majority" number of players? Why is it okay for developers to give some players an arbitrary advantage, yet it is wrong for a hacker to create a similar advantage and distribute it to any player that wants it?
---
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848
#2EstheimasterPosted 1/12/2014 10:18:21 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
No V-Create Serperior

That would be awful. His attack stat is...

Wait... OH!

Nevermind. That would be excellent.
---
3DS FC: 4596 9948 4995 (Fighting Safari with Machoke, Throh, and Riolu)
Shiny Value: 695 (PM me to hatch your shiny- I won't ask for anything in return!)
#3karubinkoPosted 1/12/2014 10:19:16 AM
I'm actually kind of fine with hacking event pokemon, because there is really no way to get them if you aren't in the right place. I just don't support hacking for something you can get in-game (with some determination). Either way I don't condemn anyone for hacking though.

What I don't like is the massive influx of almost impossible shinies to get (hacked most probably) in the trade boards. Most non-shiny threads just are ignored.
---
3DS FC 1521-3411-6940 IGN Kalvs
#4Companion_Cube_Posted 1/12/2014 10:19:17 AM
Estheimaster posted...
ClassyOldHat posted...
No V-Create Serperior

That would be awful. His attack stat is...

Wait... OH!

Nevermind. That would be excellent.

What if the V-Create Serperior was Overgrow?
---
I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police. - SomeLikeItHoth
3DS FC: 3024 - 5019 - 8681 (I'm low on Friend slots ATM) IGN: X
#5TenshouKairekiJinPosted 1/12/2014 10:28:33 AM
It always seemed to me that tons of people also complain about Nintendo's ultra derpy event distributions, using the same legitimate arguments as anti-hacking. The difference seems to be in the volume of irrational arguments, where anti-hacking is piled to the moon, and broken event models are just accepted as an unfortunate reality.

By irrational arguments, I mean "hackers suck because I'm forced to spend more time bike simulating because of their hacks". The legitimate arguments would be those that you explained in your post. Unobtainable movesets and such. I've always seen those issues complained about regardless of whether they originated via hacking or inaccessible events. There's just no "HNNNNNGH BIKE SIMULATOR" rage directed toward the event issue, so it seems like there's way more concern about hacks due to quantity of mindless whining.
---
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
3DS FC: 3926-5914-6064 - Ice Safari - Snorunt, Bergmite, x
#6Inferno05Posted 1/12/2014 10:43:50 AM
Pokemin's an over-purist who also believes cloning and (of all things) RNG Abuse are cheating and that any Pokemon obtained by these methods are not legitimate. He actually believes RNG Reporter copies/clones/simulates your game to tell you when the right Pokemon will show up. Listening to the argument of someone who does not understand spreadsheets and walkthroughs (pretty much the 2 things that sum up RNG Reporter) is pointless.
---
Pokemon X 1676-4937-5079 IGN: Reaga SV: 1734
#7Godly_GoofPosted 1/12/2014 10:46:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/koVytht.jpg

^ this.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#8dodo129Posted 1/12/2014 10:50:24 AM
the question is why people complain about hack and generated pokemon but not about cloning ?? its both low at my opinion

beside is both cases only the user have huge benefict
---
FC: 0963-0330-8256 fire safari (pansear-larvesta and ninetail)
pm me your code
#9ClassyOldHat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 12:06:10 PM
Inferno05 posted...
Pokemin's an over-purist who also believes cloning and (of all things) RNG Abuse are cheating and that any Pokemon obtained by these methods are not legitimate. He actually believes RNG Reporter copies/clones/simulates your game to tell you when the right Pokemon will show up. Listening to the argument of someone who does not understand spreadsheets and walkthroughs (pretty much the 2 things that sum up RNG Reporter) is pointless.

Yeah, you have a point. I probably should just accept that s/he is going to have a bunch of double standards.
---
Pokemon X Grass Safari (Oddish, Sawsbuck, Gogoat) FC: 4124-5539-4848