This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Region question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Region question

User Info: chenz22

chenz22
3 years ago#1
I live in Australia and I always get pokemon from GTS marked from other regions such as as Asia and Europe. I never seem to get pokemon from USA however. Is this because we share the same region?

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#2
Nope, you're just unlucky. The US is a different region from Australia.

They do share the same language, though, so a Pokemon from the US and a Pokemon from Australia will not work for the Masuda Method.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

User Info: chenz22

chenz22
3 years ago#3
Thanks for that!

Pretty strange because im always trading on the GTS or wonder trading so you'd think I'd eventually get something from the US!
shiningpikablu252 3 years ago#4
Technically, language is the sole determinant of whether the Masuda method can work or not. Somebody in Los Angeles could very well register United States/California for their location and Spanish for their Pokémon's language--and may have imported their pre-sixth-generation Spanish-language games from a Latin American country. Likewise, Canada/Quebec could very damn well register French on the GTS ever since Diamond/Pearl. And don't get me started on Switzerland (could be German, French, or Italian) or Belgium (pretty equal odds of French or Dutch)...
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Region question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived