This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Region question

#1chenz22Posted 1/12/2014 7:49:38 PM
I live in Australia and I always get pokemon from GTS marked from other regions such as as Asia and Europe. I never seem to get pokemon from USA however. Is this because we share the same region?
#2FuneralCakePosted 1/12/2014 7:51:54 PM
Nope, you're just unlucky. The US is a different region from Australia.

They do share the same language, though, so a Pokemon from the US and a Pokemon from Australia will not work for the Masuda Method.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#3chenz22(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2014 7:55:00 PM
Thanks for that!

Pretty strange because im always trading on the GTS or wonder trading so you'd think I'd eventually get something from the US!
#4shiningpikablu252Posted 1/12/2014 8:01:46 PM
Technically, language is the sole determinant of whether the Masuda method can work or not. Somebody in Los Angeles could very well register United States/California for their location and Spanish for their Pokémon's language--and may have imported their pre-sixth-generation Spanish-language games from a Latin American country. Likewise, Canada/Quebec could very damn well register French on the GTS ever since Diamond/Pearl. And don't get me started on Switzerland (could be German, French, or Italian) or Belgium (pretty equal odds of French or Dutch)...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.