This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I breeding wrong?

#11tjpnoiiPosted 1/13/2014 5:54:30 PM
Both ways work.

With Mother having Hidden Ability, you have a higher chance. However, I've found when breeding them, I'd still run into some Stall pokemon. Just be patient. Breeding will be faster if you use sableeyes for both parents. As long as one of them has recover, you should be fine.
---
3DS FC: 1306-6396-4332
Fire Safari: Pansear, Pyroar, Braixen IG: Zero
#12FuneralCakePosted 1/13/2014 5:57:36 PM
tjpnoii posted...
With Mother having Hidden Ability, you have a higher chance.


That also doesn't matter. It's a 60% chance to pass down the HA whether the mother or father has it, but the father can only pass it down if it breeds with a Ditto. The mother can pass it down if it breeds with a Ditto or a male in her egg group, and the father's ability doesn't affect anything.

Come on, guys.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#13bwebber17Posted 1/13/2014 5:59:25 PM
FuneralCake posted...
KrimSXGY posted...
If your Kadabra doesnt have the Hidden ability as well its only a 40%? chance i believe


Nope. It's 60% no matter what, as long as the female has it. The male doesn't matter.

IvyX posted...
You need to give the female with prankster an everstone to ensure prankster ability.


Nope. All the Everstone does is pass down the nature of the Pokemon holding it. It has nothing to do with abilities.


Just a nitpick but the HA is passed down 80% if the Pokemon only has one normal ability
---
FC: 4785-5576-2079 IGN: Raphael
#14TG_WolfPosted 1/13/2014 6:03:31 PM
Which hole are you trying to...

You know what, nah it's too easy

*walks away*
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all ExistenceOfficial Mu of UNS3 Board
Official Saberwulf of the KI Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^] TMAFI :3
#15FuneralCakePosted 1/13/2014 6:04:30 PM
bwebber17 posted...
Just a nitpick but the HA is passed down 80% if the Pokemon only has one normal ability


That is also not true. It's 60% no matter what.

The 80% rate only applies if the mother has two abilities. If she does, the ability she has will be passed down 80% of the time, then the other one will be passed down 20%.

If she has a hidden ability, it's 60% for that, then a 20% chance for each other ability if she has two, or a 40% chance for the other ability if she only has one.

So much bad information going around...
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#16IvyXPosted 1/13/2014 6:09:45 PM
Hmm, luck must hate me too then lol.
---
Trainer: Ivy Black 2: 3010 5929 3972 PokeX: 2535 3638 4438 LF Rare Pokeball pokemon. PM me!
Ice Safari: Snover, Beartic and Dewgong. <3
#17impossible2beatPosted 1/13/2014 6:14:30 PM
FuneralCake posted...
tjpnoii posted...
With Mother having Hidden Ability, you have a higher chance.


That also doesn't matter. It's a 60% chance to pass down the HA whether the mother or father has it, but the father can only pass it down if it breeds with a Ditto. The mother can pass it down if it breeds with a Ditto or a male in her egg group, and the father's ability doesn't affect anything.

Come on, guys.


oh man that good to know, I thought mother had higher chance, but I never seemed to see a difference when I replaced my male parent with a female.
---
signature
#18bwebber17Posted 1/13/2014 6:15:26 PM
FuneralCake posted...
bwebber17 posted...
Just a nitpick but the HA is passed down 80% if the Pokemon only has one normal ability


That is also not true. It's 60% no matter what.

The 80% rate only applies if the mother has two abilities. If she does, the ability she has will be passed down 80% of the time, then the other one will be passed down 20%.

If she has a hidden ability, it's 60% for that, then a 20% chance for each other ability if she has two, or a 40% chance for the other ability if she only has one.

So much bad information going around...


Wait, really? Can you send me a link to this?
---
FC: 4785-5576-2079 IGN: Raphael
#19FuneralCakePosted 1/13/2014 6:21:50 PM
bwebber17 posted...
Wait, really? Can you send me a link to this?


http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-39#post-4370060

Bond697 said...
the game checks the ability of the ditto(or mother) and if it's ability 0, the baby has an 80% chance of abil 0, if abil 1 an 80% chance of abil 1, and if it's the dw abil, the percentages become 20/20/60 leaning towards the dw abil.


Granted, this is for B2W2 in gen 5, but breeding generally has the same mechanics in gen 6. Anybody who has bred a lot in gen 6 should be able to notice that the percentages are unchanged.

Conversely, there is no way to check the mechanics for gen 6, so all we have to go by are the previous gen's mechanics and the experiences of those who have bred in gen 6.

There's a lot of misinformation going around about the chances of passing down abilities and whatnot, so it's not really too surprising to see stuff like this.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
#20bwebber17Posted 1/13/2014 6:25:04 PM
FuneralCake posted...
bwebber17 posted...
Wait, really? Can you send me a link to this?


http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-39#post-4370060


Hmm and I thought I knew it all
---
FC: 4785-5576-2079 IGN: Raphael