This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aegislash EVs that I don't understand

#1spireguyPosted 1/13/2014 8:03:34 PM
So I like the tactic that Aegislash has with flipping its defense and attack stats depending on the form it is in. What I don't understand is why so many people say to put his EVs into Attack and HP or HP and Defense or some combination like that.

Isn't Aegislash's default form Defense? If so then why not put all EVs into Defense and S. Defense so that when he switches form to attack then all of this defense and s. defense become really high powered attack and special attack. Also wouldn't this make Aegislash, in defense mode, able to take more of a hit from fire and ground attacks when building up sword dance?

I'm just wondering if I am understanding Aegislash's advantage correctly here.

It just seems that if you neglect his S.Defense he gets destroyed easily and if you ignore his Defense then the stat flipped for attack is then terrible. this is why I would think you would want all EVs in Defense and S.Defense (remaining ones in HP). This would make him better than shuckle in a way I would think.
---
Civ 5, Guild Wars 2, and PSO 2 PC only baby!
#2DarkHeroZXPosted 1/13/2014 8:06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Your stats are just calculated differently depending your stance. You don't swap EVs. The only time your in defense stance is for King's shield or maybe Swords Dance
---
"I do a lot of push ups and sit-ups and I drink plenty of juice"-Vegeta
#3spireguy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 8:08:14 PM
Well I didn't mean swapping EVs I just meant putting the EVs into the stats that swap depending on the stance.
---
#4ZinogreSparksPosted 1/13/2014 8:08:20 PM
That's not how it works. Aegislash switches BASE STATS, not the actual stats themselves.
#5spireguy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 8:08:36 PM
oh
---
#6BurnedPotatoesPosted 1/13/2014 8:11:38 PM
Max Atk+ Max Sp. Atk + Weakness Policy= Watch things fall

That's how I run mine, it can take hits fair enough, and get in a WP boost most of the time.

The EV's also don't swap. only the Base stats.
---
3DS FC: 4656-7454-0042 FS: Flying Type, Pidgey, Tranquill, and Rufflet
White 2 FC: 2839-3528-1472