This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HA Breeding Question

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. HA Breeding Question

User Info: danielfox24

danielfox24
3 years ago#1
Hi i was wondering, when breeding a Hidden ability pokemon with a ditto, are males and females equally likely to pass down the HA or are females higher chance? thanks!
Pkmn X FC: 2766-9400-9806, User: Eskimo
Fairy Safari: Snubbull, Jigglypuff, Floette.

User Info: tenchi1981

tenchi1981
3 years ago#2
Only male ha can use ditto

Females still require a non ditto
3ds(1) 1607-2088-6985 3ds(2) 0044-2887-0187
founder of the dw breeding center

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#3
Yes, they are equally likely. It's a 60% chance to pass down the hidden ability whether you use a Ditto or not.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

User Info: Jeb4

Jeb4
3 years ago#4
tenchi1981 posted...
Only male ha can use ditto

Females still require a non ditto


thats like the complete opposite lol

females pass down the ability, breeding with dittos anyone can pass it down and it looks to me like equal chance for both genders
Brawl fc: 3523 1972 6780
Pkmn Y fc: 2638-1012-2714, Pansear, Slugma, and Ninetails safari

User Info: danielfox24

danielfox24
3 years ago#5
ah thanks o: do you know whats the whole mumbojumbo 80/60% thing then? o.o
Pkmn X FC: 2766-9400-9806, User: Eskimo
Fairy Safari: Snubbull, Jigglypuff, Floette.

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#6
Here's how it works:

Female HA + male or Ditto = 60% chance to pass down the female's hidden ability, 40% chance to pass down the female's other ability (or 20% for each if she has two regular abilities)
Male HA + Ditto = See above, but replace female with male. 60% for HA; 40% or 20/20% for other abilities
Regular female + male or Ditto = 80% to pass down female's ability if she has two abilities, 20% to pass down her other ability. Obviously 100% if she only has one ability
Regular female + male HA = See above. 0% chance to pass down male's HA
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |

User Info: danielfox24

danielfox24
3 years ago#7
ah gotcha :D ima lock this now tyvm!!!
Pkmn X FC: 2766-9400-9806, User: Eskimo
Fairy Safari: Snubbull, Jigglypuff, Floette.

User Info: tenchi1981

tenchi1981
3 years ago#8
Every one so far has told me female+ditto doesnnt pass ha

So I'm going to test it for sure
3ds(1) 1607-2088-6985 3ds(2) 0044-2887-0187
founder of the dw breeding center

User Info: TheResidentEvil

TheResidentEvil
3 years ago#9
everyone who has told you that is completely wrong
3DS: 3840 - 5923 - 1841 IGN: Liam
Masuda shinies from Kalos: 2 Milotic, 4 Yamask, Tyrunt, Bagon, 2 Tynamo

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
3 years ago#10
I think people just generally make up stuff about breeding because they don't know the answer to the question, then others pick it up and start spreading it around.

At least I know what I'm talking about.
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
| 3DS FC: 3437 - 4335 - 3104 | | Friend Safari: Panpour, Wartortle, Frogadier |
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. HA Breeding Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived