This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yet Another Crazy Trading Story.

#1GatedSunOnePosted 1/14/2014 2:20:06 PM
Title. Try not to laugh aloud.

So a few days ago, I get a Passerby Trade from a *very* Shiny Wealthy friend (I won't list his name, as the focus isn't on him...so let's call him Ash). Today I own Shiny Darkrai and Manaphy Shiny thanks to him. Likely clones, but sure I'll keep them.

A week later, IGN Ash asks me to Multi Battle. I instinctively shoo away Battle requests regardless of who sends them as I suck at battling and had bad internet, so I turned him down.

He asks repeatedly, and I tell him via ShoutOut my battle skills are horrible. The following is a short message swap we had.

Ash: ACCEPT THE BATTLE

Verylin: I suck at battles XD

*He invites for Multi Battle, but I refuse it*

Ash: IM TRYING TO FRIEND 2 GUYS

Ash: HES GOT SHINIES BRO

At this point, I start accepting his offers. I didn't know you could friend multiple people by turning down Multi Battles at the start of the match, so there's that.

Before I continue, a little back story on IGN Ash: he runs a shiny service where he and several players collect extremely rare/obscure shines like Manaphy, clones them, and trades them off with others for less rare shines.

I'm not about to start a holy war on the ethics of cloning, so I'll leave it at that.

The downside to this little chain trading service is that Ash and any of the players in his posse seem to know/check the legitimacy of Shines.

...When I told him Arceus could NEVER be shiny, he was flabbergasted.
---
FC: 2964-8693-8509 IGN: Verylin
Official Dream Eater of Serebii.Net. Current Dream Log for 2014: 1 (of me trying to get it in with one of my OCs >_<'')
#2GatedSunOne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 2:24:16 PM
Ash tells me one of the two, IGN Tyler, is a shiny Juggernaut that will friend me so we can do business. I think to myself, sure; so he invites me to trade.

He shows me Victini. I turn him down by showing my own Victini, and proceed to show him my shinys. He replies by dropping the trade and opting out of friending me as arranged. His ShoutOut changes to "(Star Symbol) Victini", then he logs off with "Gtg Bye :)".

The next day, Tyler yet again invites me to trade. He flashes Victini @ Amulet Coin this time. I again flash my own Victini, assuming he forgot I had one already. He again drops the trade, but makes no ShoutOut. Again, he fails to register me.

The next day, Tyler invites me for a third time and I accept. This time he flashes nothing...at first.

After I show all my shines plus Arceus, Jirachi, Meloetta, and Manaphy, he replies by flashing the same Victini and an Arceus of his own before dropping the trade and failing to register me.

At this point, it starts to dawn on me that Tyler was asking for something illegal/hacked but wasn't aware of it himself. My suspicions are correct, and boy does it go downhill from there.

His ShoutOut is "All ur Shinys" after the trade. Check out what happens next.

Tyler: Do u have (star) Victini

Verylin: Shiny Victini=Illegal

Tyler: Ur lying

Tyler: White 2 (I failed to catch the rest, but based on what I told Ash prior I assume he told Ash I had Shiny Victini on White 2...which I never had.)

Tyler: Ant told me!!!

Verylin: I NEVER had one.

Tyler: SHOW ME!!!!!!

Verylin: Chill out, bro

Tyler: SHOW ME!!!!!

Tyler: Ant text me!!!! "challenges me to battle out of rage, I guess"

Tyler: UR LYING

Verylin, via *many* ShoutOuts: Why would I lie?? Shiny Victini are hacked/Can't even be brought 2 XY Games. So chill out, son.

At this point, Tyler says nothing and attempts to trade me again. I refuse it this time:

Verylin: (three ShoutOuts) I refuse to trade with accusers. Sorry, Tyler. Stay Free.

...I...think that last bit shut him up, as it's been a while since I heard from him. He wanted to bang a Shiny Victini *that* hard. =P
---
Official Dream Eater of Serebii.Net. Current Dream Log for 2014: 1 (of me trying to get it in with one of my OCs >_<'')
#3GatedSunOne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 2:30:38 PM
Tl;Dr: Idiot Passerby from a foreign country can't accept the fact Victini cannot be legally shiny.

I can't, and refuse, to prove what I do and do not have to players this childish....XD
---
#4GatedSunOne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:11:01 PM
Up!
---
#5SewaddlePosted 1/14/2014 3:13:47 PM
tl;dr - Some kids really like palette swaps. TC deals with one that doesn't believe Victini is shiny, and the kid leaves him alone.

Epic story. I will share with all of my nerdy friends on facebook.
#6GatedSunOne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:25:16 PM
Sewaddle posted...
tl;dr - Some kids really like palette swaps. TC deals with one that doesn't believe Victini is shiny, and the kid leaves him alone.

...Is it me, or are our posts being shown incorrectly?

In any case, not to be a jerk, but being flamed at by some player trying to tell you you have a Pokemon you don't have has an effect of your outlook on said player.

Especially if they go as far as IGN Tyler did.
---
#7SomeLikeItHothPosted 1/14/2014 3:30:55 PM
GatedSunOne posted...
Sewaddle posted...

...Is it me, or are our posts being shown incorrectly?

In any case, not to be a jerk, but being flamed at by some player trying to tell you you have a Pokemon you don't have has an effect of your outlook on said player.

Especially if they go as far as IGN Tyler did.

Happening to me too.
---
(3DS FC: 0576 4897 0605) (IGN: Zipp)
(Lampent, Pumpkaboo, Golurk.) (TSV - 3525)
#8wisemiddsPosted 1/14/2014 3:42:14 PM
Not only did your shout outs waste my time, they wasted my time!
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
NNID, PSN: wisemidds
#9GatedSunOne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:58:01 PM
wisemidds posted...
Not only did your shout outs waste my time, they wasted my time!

...Not only do Shiny Victini not exist, they do not exist.
---
#10GatedSunOne(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 3:26:13 AM
mUPkip!
---