This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best way to get non-native legendaries? (not a trade topic)

#1AmandaKimmelPosted 1/15/2014 8:15:49 PM
I am prepping a topic at the trade board at the moment, but I don't have any legendaries to offer for other legendaries. All I have is an Unown I am GTSing for one, and I highly anticipate that's not going to go well.

Of note, I don't have Black2 or White2. Never got around to getting them because of my lack of funding at the time, and, well, both protagonist designs make me want to gouge my eyes out, so there's that, too. This makes it significantly more difficult to obtain certain legendaries. I do have Pearl, where I keep quite a bit of legendaries, SoulSilver, and White 1. I never had two DSes, only my Phat, so I was unable to transfer them over to White.

Now that the Pokebank is available, I have the following options:

OPTION #1: Try to chain trade for legendaries over the GTS. Take a lot of time to keep checking. Try to get at least one to start it, perhaps at the trading board here, and keep going.

OPTION #2: Figure out how to transfer my legendaries from Pearl (and the Jirachi on Platinum) and SS to White. Figure out from there how to get them on the Pokebank and transfer them over to X. Do I need a DSi to use the Pokebank for a DS game, or does a 3DS function in that capacity? I would presume the latter tbh, but I don't really know.

I presume this option would go smoothly. The Pokebank is free for a month, I think? And I could just bank whatever I need to, then replay Platinum or White with my planned runs. I don't plan on restarting X - when Z comes out, I'll play that one over.

OPTION #3: Breed like crazy and offer crazy trades for cloned legendaries. Yeah, well that probably won't happen.

No matter which I choose, I still need to get some event legendaries that I didn't go out and grab. I barely paid attention to those in Gen 5. So yeah... that's kind of a problem. I do think, though, that migrating some over can get me trade bait for that stuff. At the trading board here anyway.

In summary, my questions:
-Which option is the best to get legendaries to complete the NDEX?
-Will a DS Phat + a 3DS function for transferring Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5?
-Does a 3DS allow you to Pokebank Pokemon on White Version?
-Is the Pokebank still free for a month?
-Is it possible to collect legendaries using the GTS?

Thanks in advance :)
---
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6043/34gakoh.png
#2XavuuPosted 1/15/2014 8:22:44 PM
AmandaKimmel posted...

In summary, my questions:
-Which option is the best to get legendaries to complete the NDEX?
-Will a DS Phat + a 3DS function for transferring Pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5?
-Does a 3DS allow you to Pokebank Pokemon on White Version?
-Is the Pokebank still free for a month?
-Is it possible to collect legendaries using the GTS?

1: Get your own legends
2:yes
3:yes
4 it will be when it comes out
5: All of them but the event ones.
---
STAB Quick Attack. Staraptor.
#3RenaissanceGamePosted 1/16/2014 7:14:28 PM
There is no Pokebank right now. Only A few incredibly lucky Japanese people who downloaded it in the first few hours it was out in Japan before it got taken down have access to it.
---
Main FC: 2251-5328-6468 (Ponyta, Larvesta, and something else) ign: Lexi-aree
Secondary FC: 2809-8042-9016 Phantump, Lampent, Golurk PM me if want to friend
#4TheKitchenRatPosted 1/18/2014 11:22:39 AM
If you want Bank Legendaries right now, then you're going to have to chain trade on the GTS.

Or look on the Trade Board.
---
Friend Safari contains Meditite, Pancham, and Breloom. FC is 5455-9725-4939. Let me know if you add me.