This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should IVs be removed for future games?

#241mech dragonPosted 1/20/2014 10:03:41 PM
Without IV's we'd actually be able to play by going around and training the Pokemon that we encounter in the wild. This seems to fall in line with what the protagonists do in all forms of Pokemon media (manga and anime).
Isn't that a better message to send kids than to mass breed and then neglect boxes of rejects?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcEmHO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OHcGZ4e.jpg
#242EnfinetePosted 1/20/2014 10:13:42 PM
I oppose for a single reason: the individual differences between pokemon having a meaning (not in battle, but as in different from one another).
---
"The Story will become Legend...." - From Riviera: The Promised Land
#243SilentS89Posted 1/20/2014 10:17:03 PM
"Why would you want to get rid of genetics?"

Why would you want to keep genetics? This is pokemon, not "The Sims".

Random chance determined at birth influences competitive potential?

Sorry, my King in chess had a better lineage so he can move two spaces instead of one. You should have thrown away your starter King and raised a better one.
#244LightEmperorPosted 1/20/2014 11:10:49 PM
Enfinete posted...
I oppose for a single reason: the individual differences between pokemon having a meaning (not in battle, but as in different from one another).

Why does the individual differences between Pokemon matter to people so much? What difference would that make in the gameplay other than your Pokemon getting mauled by one with more perfect IVs?
#245LaManoNeraIIPosted 1/20/2014 11:15:04 PM
SilentS89 posted...
"Why would you want to get rid of genetics?"

Why would you want to keep genetics? This is pokemon, not "The Sims".

Random chance determined at birth influences competitive potential?

Sorry, my King in chess had a better lineage so he can move two spaces instead of one. You should have thrown away your starter King and raised a better one.

LOL

That pretty much sums it up perfectly. Pokemon is a GAME. Leave the '90s game design in the past, gamers aren't entertained by mindless grinds anymore.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#246LightEmperorPosted 1/20/2014 11:17:17 PM
Also, I should note that I normally play video games when I WANT to be lazy. If I want to do chores, I'll go grab my vacuum rather than my DS.

This is exactly why I rarely play nowadays and only RNG Pokemon in White 2 or battle with RNGed and EV trained Pokemon. Biking around mindlessly is no way fun. I play games to have fun, not do boring chores like biking to hatch eggs that I will most likely throw away anyway.
#247The Eternal EvilPosted 1/20/2014 11:53:42 PM
Because I hate people who support the keeping of IVs because none of their reasons are sound and somehow they all in this topic ignored that their beloved mechanic had literally days worth of time removed from the system with Destiny Knot assuming even half of them are serious about their competitive like I am going to point this out.

IVs are a fan made term as being Individual Values, making people believe gamefreak wanted individualized Pokemon. Initial Values or Inherent Values are their proper term so the idea Gamefreak wants Pokemon unique isn't even attached to the term. Making such an arguement completely and entirely irrelevant.
---
One Trainer to rule them all, One Trainer to find them,
One Trainer to catch them all and in the Pokeball bind them. Legend of Legacy.
#248impossible2beatPosted 1/20/2014 11:55:19 PM
My talonflame has gale wings so.......
---
signature
#249keyos27Posted 1/21/2014 12:08:16 AM
N-K-S posted...
No I don't think so

There's nothing like beating a 'perfect IV' team with my random IV team

Amen.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4785 - 5414 - 7828 IGN: Jun
Preparing fervently for VGC 14