This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are all of Flareon and Glaceon's issues?

#21ohnoitslueshiPosted 1/18/2014 7:18:49 AM
-Flareon is slow, fragile, and has a godawful movepool. Flare Blitz created almost as many problems as it solved thanks to the fact that it hits so hard that Flareon can barely survive the recoil, and it's slow enough that it probably won't survive to land a second one.
-Glaceon is slow, has a horrible movepool, and suffers from the standard defensive Ice pitfalls, namely that it's trying to be defensive with the worst defensive typing in the game, especially in a meta where Conkeldurr, Scizor, and Mega Lucario are everywhere.
---
"melody: the noise your baby momma makes when I'm layin the pipe" - Cysi
#22CakeOfLiesPosted 1/18/2014 7:25:25 AM
Flareon is a hideously underrated special tank.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#23tremain07(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 8:52:02 AM
I wonder if Flareon had an hidden ability that took away the recoil or if Glaceon had Freeze Dry
---
I got nothing
#24gamepimp12Posted 1/18/2014 8:58:14 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Flareon is a hideously underrated special tank.

Because it's bad

It's good sp def is ruined by his hp

You're better off using sylv who does it way better
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#25MJOLNRVIIPosted 1/18/2014 9:03:58 AM(edited)
Flareon and Glaceon need more than new abilities or moves. Their stat distribution keeps them from doing anything helpful. Every Eeveelution has the same numbers in different stats which iirc are 130, 110, 95, 65, 65, and 60.

If Flareon got something like 95/130/65/60/65/110 then he might be useful, Guts isn't a bad ability by any means, Flareon just can't back it up. That 95 he has in its SpA is just depressing.
---
XBL GT: MercifulScarab PSN: DemonsniperM40 3DS FC: 3866-8391-7573
#26JudgmenlPosted 1/18/2014 9:05:43 AM
Flareon lacks Speed and HP.
---
http://i.imgur.com/sUtdyzN.png - http://i.imgur.com/n07Ugft.png
GameFAQs Avatars: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/3-poll-of-the-day/68247615
#27Hi-Ho-Diddly-DoPosted 1/18/2014 9:13:51 AM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
Glaceon isn't that bad, the problem with it though is if you use Smogon rules you end up nerfing its usefulness as being able to raise evasion in Hail seems to be the whole idea behind it existing.

Snow Cloak currently isn't banned.

Glaceon's main problems are that it's slow, that it's Ice type, and that it has a very limited special movepool to abuse that lovely base 130 special attack. It's got Blizzard and Shadow Ball. That's basically it.
ShadowUmbreon42 posted...
I love how people were saying that flareon would be godlike before if it got flare blitz but now that it has it people still say it's bad.

Please get over yourselves

LOL nobody ever said Flareon would be Godlike with Flare Blitz.
#28tarzanmxPosted 1/18/2014 9:18:02 AM
They need much more thought and support put into using them, and it's likely any simpler strategy will destroy you while you try to set said support up.

Their movepools and stat distribution don't really help either. Glaceon can take quite a few hits with the right investment, but the problem is that said investment is likely to leave other areas like offense stunted. TR is an option, but, again, setting up support takes time that your opponent could potentially take to bring you down.

Flareon suffers similarly, but on the side that if one will not back him up with TR, he must either invest fully in speed and power and hope to take someone down before dying, or invest in its microscopic bulk and leave it offensively stunted.
---
Not changing this sig until I have at least one Shiny version of each Eeveelution.
3/9 done.
#29IrisVilePosted 1/18/2014 9:19:52 AM
They've all pretty much been named, the only other thing is it takes more thought in building Glaceon, and Flareon than the other Eevolutions. So most just go with an easier option.

Using Flame Charge Gut Flareon as an opener/clean up can work and there's two builds I plan to try, and will gladly post results.

Glaceon is again the same boat but if you use it well and give it good partners it 'can' work, but the over ruling statement is always: "this pokemon does it better" so most go with the other option.
---
Iris Vile, doesn't hale from Unova. IrisVile a rare flora that is pretty to look at but venomous. Ahahaha~
#30Hi-Ho-Diddly-DoPosted 1/18/2014 9:22:18 AM
Also, normal Kyurem is so much better than Glaceon is isn't even funny. Kyurem has a way better special movepool, better bulk, better speed, a neutrality to Fire to let it be a decent Abomasnow switch, and the option of going mixed.

Snow Cloak is just unreliable and is incredibly overrated, even on something like Froslass that can throw up subs with high base speed. It doesn't let Glaceon be viable at all.