This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokemon Bank?

#1Edward_TivruskyPosted 1/18/2014 6:25:52 AM
I can't find any news about a NA release of the pokemon bank, but people on the trading board claim they have legendaries from the pokemon bank. I thought that it might be that they just cloned over some of the Japanese Legendaries but I am not sure.

tl;dr Anyone got news on the NA release date of pokemon bank and how the free trial will work?
---
3DS FC: 1805-3170-2488
#2CakeOfLiesPosted 1/18/2014 6:26:36 AM
Nobody has any info on the NA release of Pokemon Bank.
---
I was once modded for illegal activity because I made a topic asking for advice on nicknaming my Pokemon.
3DS FC: 5043-2277-6391 - THIEF
#3Kite_GPosted 1/18/2014 6:29:13 AM
TC people most likely have cloned this from people who do have pokebank from japan albeit a select bunch since it was out for a few days. Japan gets it all while the rest of the world gets shafted, end of story
---
Name: Kite Town: Silmeria - Brian
3DS FC: 3840 - 6186 - 9718 // Pokemon X & Y
#4JmandalPosted 1/18/2014 6:29:20 AM
Still no release date unfortunately. Nintendos servers couldn't handle the stress when pokebank came out so they took it off the e-shop in Japan. Since then Nintendo has not put the pokebank back anywhere and has given literally no news on when it will be released other than "in the future". Really bad customer service if you ask me.
---
3DS FC: 2079-7184-6866
Black FC: 2451 5933 0679
#5ss4gogeta_darkPosted 1/18/2014 6:30:23 AM
Please understand.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.4ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1225/1700|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W8prox64
FCs in contacts. NNID Heroxoot
#6Caolan_2k9Posted 1/18/2014 6:30:41 AM
Jmandal posted...
Still no release date unfortunately. Nintendos servers couldn't handle the stress when pokebank came out so they took it off the e-shop in Japan. Since then Nintendo has not put the pokebank back anywhere and has given literally no news on when it will be released other than "in the future". Really bad customer service if you ask me.

Terrible customer service indeed.
But you know, please understand.
#7Edward_Tivrusky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 6:30:58 AM
Thanks, got it.

I'm sure Nintendo is doing all they can. I know they're having a rough year to say the least.
---
#8Rydis-ShikoPosted 1/18/2014 6:33:40 AM
Edward_Tivrusky posted...
Thanks, got it.

I'm sure Nintendo is doing all they can. I know they're having a rough year to say the least.

They really aren't doing all they can..which why they are having rough times
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.
#9Edward_Tivrusky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 6:41:18 AM
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Thanks, got it.

Who is responsible for Pokebank? I'm assuming Nintendo of Japan. If its Nintendo of America they can be incompetent at times (Even though I love ya Reggie).

Nintendo just changed their yearly estimates and it's looking pretty dire. Losses in the Billions. They also have a ton of back end infrastructure to develop, which is time consuming and costly for any organization. These things take time to provide a user with a streamlined experience. Also 3,000 pokemon per user, thats going to be alot of cloud storage.

That being said I'll wait for a fully functional pokebank, rather that one that has been hacked together sloppily and has the possibility of losing pokemon.
---
#10Caolan_2k9Posted 1/18/2014 6:48:42 AM(edited)
Rydis-Shiko posted...
Thanks, got it.

Who is responsible for Pokebank? I'm assuming Nintendo of Japan. If its Nintendo of America they can be incompetent at times (Even though I love ya Reggie).

Nintendo just changed their yearly estimates and it's looking pretty dire. Losses in the Billions. They also have a ton of back end infrastructure to develop, which is time consuming and costly for any organization. These things take time to provide a user with a streamlined experience. Also 3,000 pokemon per user, thats going to be alot of cloud storage.

That being said I'll wait for a fully functional pokebank, rather that one that has been hacked together sloppily and has the possibility of losing pokemon.

They're losing money because of the wii u and that's their own fault.
Also, x and y has been out since the middle of october. As you said these things take time, and they do, but they had 2 solid months to prepare the servers and upgrade them for the traffic which they didn't.
I could be wrong but from what a ton of people say on here nintendo are terrible at this type of thing and always have been.