This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The next generation of Pokemon games should be a single game called "Pokemon 7"

#1slk_23Posted 1/18/2014 9:42:41 AM
It would then also follow the formula established by some other series where the naming suddenly jumps to the number seven without officially having 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 in the names before:

Final Fantasy (at least outside of Japan; the numbers just jumped from III to VII)
Windows (presumably preceded by 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, XP, and Vista)
Mario Kart (preceded by SMK, MK64, MKSC, MK: DD, MKDS, and MKWii)

So you can see in each of these examples, the numbering didn't follow a clear line, but then the next installment was 7 that came out of nowhere. For Final Fantasy, it will at least seem that way if you didn't know that the game with Kefka was actually the sixth in the series. Interestingly enough, all these were then followed by an "8," thereby suggesting they introduce that numbering and also stick to it.

Anyway, the seventh generation of Pokemon games should just be a single title called "Pokemon 7." They should do away with the dual games thing at first because it was a big deal back when all we had were Game Boys with link cables, but that's pretty irrelevant now that we can trade globally and wirelessly with ease. Ken Sugimori said he wanted simplicity, so here's some simplicity.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5ldCA.gif http://www.moviesandtvhistoryguy.com/Scarlett_Johansson.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nAJVH.png
#2Muffinz0rzPosted 1/18/2014 9:45:44 AM(edited)
This is the first reasonable post I have ever seen on GameFAQS with which I completely and wholeheartedly agree.
---
Not changing this sig until Pat Benatar is in Super Smash Bros. (Started 8/31/2010)
3DS Friend Code: 1075 - 0844 - 9134 - GHOST: Pumkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops.
#3aliashubbatchPosted 1/18/2014 9:45:38 AM
Pokemon Fantasy 7...

Gardevoir dying as part of a story. I can already see the torrential wave of tears from the fanboys...
---
3DS FC: 1633-5186-2026
#4luangmPosted 1/18/2014 9:48:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5MasterPeteDiddyPosted 1/18/2014 12:04:51 PM
luangm posted...
Not true,

FF is always jap first. so FF7 is indeed after first 6 FFs. You can't use NA logic since most jap games (Dragon Quest for example) never had earlier NA localization.

Win7, the build-version of windows has always been numeric using NT build-number. Win7 is Build 7.0, WinXP was actually build 5.1, win 2000 was build 5.0, Win 95 was NT 4.0 etc.

Mariokart, look into the game code using roms, it's actually numerically coded.

Actually, Windows 7 is build 6.1, and Windows 8 is 6.2. ;P

TC did specify that Final Fantasy only jumped from III to VII in NA--and while FF may always be JP first, we're talking about Pokémon here, which did receive a (pretty much) simultaneous worldwide release for X and Y!

I didn't know that about the Mario Kart games being numerically coded in their roms though, is that even true for Mario Kart 64? I'm curious if there's any such thing in the Mario Kart Arcade GP games, since 7 and 8 seem to completely ignore them as far as their titles are concerned.
#6TheSnubbzPosted 1/18/2014 12:08:58 PM
I like the sound of the name and I also wholeheartedly agree on a single game. It'd be a nice change for once.
#7JuliMizrahiPosted 1/18/2014 12:24:42 PM
luangm posted...
Dragon Quest for example never had earlier NA localization.

WRONG!!!!

Dragon Quest was localized, but under the title "Dragon Warrior" instead.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#8fullhans1Posted 1/18/2014 2:34:01 PM
I like the idea. But Nintendo would never do that, because there are quite some people who buy both versions of each Generation of games. Releasing a single game would mean less buys.
---
Push the button. Welcome to the next level.
#9awesome105Posted 1/18/2014 2:37:17 PM
JuliMizrahi posted...
luangm posted...

OBJECTION!

fix'd.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4679-3250 | AC:NL Town: Kakariko | NNID: Awesome105
Pokemon X Rock Safari: Macargo, Boldore, Barbaracle
#10thedarklordx3Posted 1/18/2014 7:18:42 PM
awesome105 posted...
JuliMizrahi posted...
luangm posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU

fix'd.

fix'd even better
---
I quit LoL forever (was devilkingx) my account doesn't work anymore, idk why.
the powers that be have blessed me with an internet worthy of MMOs(like dota 2)