This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Online battles should ban bank pokemon until bank comes out.

#31DoobieScoobyPosted 1/18/2014 1:51:57 PM
-Sheogorath- posted...
lol the GTS. that thing isnt really worth crap. youre lucky if people ask for something that CAN be traded at all. mostly it's people asking for untradable stuff like Jirachi. or other impossible to get things, LOL IMMA TRADE MY BALTOY FOR A LEVEL 100 DEOXYS LOL

Lol, im pretty sure these people already have their toys, so they could care less if other people can get them or not. They do not understand that this^^^^ is all that happens on GTS. And like the guy above said: Good luck getting a bank poke with tutor moves from GTS
---
3DS FC:4081-5667-4824 IGN:BLORP
#32Azure_FlamePosted 1/18/2014 1:52:26 PM
Can I lol yet?

lol
---
Official Crimson Spinda of the Pokemon X board
3DS FC: 4339-2745-7659, Pokemon X IGN: Nanako
#33gkathellarPosted 1/18/2014 1:53:15 PM
Takaoldaria posted...
Don't let limits slow you! I've already taken down my fair share of Legendaries in Ranked and Unranked. I don't use Legends myself. Show your opponents you don't need Legendaries either!

Show them you're badass enough to bring their team down with "common" Pokémon!

This, basically. The advantages of many legendaries are not as clear-cut as you've probably convinced yourself. Genesect is a great attacker, but lacks durability or priority moves, and arguably doesn't do a whole lot that, say, Goodra doesn't. Lati@s are great in a variety of roles, but come with some very painful weaknesses and immunities to their STAB moves. Ground moves murder Heatran. Victini's switching ability is wrecked by entry hazards and Pursuit.

Even some of the legends with clearer advantages (i.e. ubers) often have a variety counters among what are considered the lower tiers. Kyogre is hard-countered by Gastrodon, for instance, which is hilarious.

I like using the weaker legends, for the record, because I know that they're not hideously overpowered.
---
3DS FC: 1435-4122-7835 / Pokemon Y IGN: Alexandra / FS: Throh, Machoke, Breloom
#34XatuMasterRacePosted 1/18/2014 2:18:01 PM
gkathellar posted...
Takaoldaria posted...
Don't let limits slow you! I've already taken down my fair share of Legendaries in Ranked and Unranked. I don't use Legends myself. Show your opponents you don't need Legendaries either!

Show them you're badass enough to bring their team down with "common" Pokémon!

This, basically. The advantages of many legendaries are not as clear-cut as you've probably convinced yourself. Genesect is a great attacker, but lacks durability or priority moves, and arguably doesn't do a whole lot that, say, Goodra doesn't. Lati@s are great in a variety of roles, but come with some very painful weaknesses and immunities to their STAB moves. Ground moves murder Heatran. Victini's switching ability is wrecked by entry hazards and Pursuit.

Even some of the legends with clearer advantages (i.e. ubers) often have a variety counters among what are considered the lower tiers. Kyogre is hard-countered by Gastrodon, for instance, which is hilarious.

I like using the weaker legends, for the record, because I know that they're not hideously overpowered.

Those are a lot of the lower-tier legendaries, however. When it comes to the higher-tier (Rayquaza, Groudon, Dialga, Lugia), even with counters you'll still have a hard time. If you don't faint it in one hit, it's going to faint you in one hit.
---
FC: 0147-0314-4519
Dragon Safari: Dragonair, Fraxure, Sliggoo
#35RemembranceSkyPosted 1/20/2014 2:19:49 PM
Meh
---
Whuttttttt..whutt..what. What? WHAT. WHATT WHAAAAAAAAAAAT (ノ◕‿◕)ノ✿
#36CrystalLinkPosted 1/22/2014 3:08:14 PM
-Sheogorath- posted...
lol the GTS. that thing isnt really worth crap. youre lucky if people ask for something that CAN be traded at all. mostly it's people asking for untradable stuff like Jirachi. or other impossible to get things, LOL IMMA TRADE MY BALTOY FOR A LEVEL 100 DEOXYS LOL

I've gotten 7 legendaries for 5IV Buneary in the last week.
---
3DS: 3995-6826-7258
http://hylianzero.tumblr.com/ <- Animal Crossing Picture Blog
#37viewtifullink99Posted 1/23/2014 2:29:29 PM
CrystalLink posted...
-Sheogorath- posted...

No you havent
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0275 7830 8036
Pokemon in Safari: Dunsparce, Audino, Eevee
#38GalapagozPosted 1/23/2014 2:53:04 PM
viewtifullink99 posted...
CrystalLink posted...
-Sheogorath- posted...

No you havent

Can you prove he didn't?
---
3DS:0361 6632 9155
#39legendriderPosted 1/23/2014 2:56:11 PM
B-but my Milotic!
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#4084MantinesPosted 1/23/2014 3:01:54 PM
Good idea. I'll just trade my Xerneas for a Yamask and hope it has pain split.

People insist on these knee jerk reactions and refuse to see that there is a little bit of an advantage, which is frankly kinda unfair when you're trying to make an online competition.
---
"Oh no! Three Adamantoises! Good thing I remembered my KNUCKLES." ~ Schesparn